Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@parv044

@parv044 wrote:

Hi,

could you please push this new firmware to my modem ...I have had serious issues connecting the Netgear Orbi system ...i have sent emails through the community forum but not getting anywhare.  it has been over a month now...

Thanks

send a PM to @CommunityHelps with the subject "Firmware Trial"include your account number, Modem MAC address, and Modem Serial number. You can find the last two when you log in to the modem.

parv044
I'm here a lot

Hi,

I have done this over a month ago but have not received any updates as of yet.  I really appreciate if this can be pushed down.

Thanks

azar1
I plan to stick around

If anyone was following my situation, I'm still not getting full speeds directly wired to the modem.

I called Rogers tech, and they said all my signal levels looked fine. We ran a bunch of tests, was on the phone for about 45 minutes, they said they are going to raise the issue to the Engineering team, and they would get back to me in 24-48 hours.

That was last week on Wednesday, I haven't heard anything back apart from text messages that say "sorry for the delay in fixing your service"

The biggest "red flag" was when I plugged in a computer directly to the modem, with a gigabit ethernet port, and was only getting 560 on the speed test, we ran it with wifi off, wifi on, etc etc, but no luck.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@azar1 are all of the modem's ports running?  What happens if you use one port only, with the others disconected, and have you tried that with all of the ports, one at a time?  

azar1
I plan to stick around
We tried with one port running only. 560 mbps, then we tried with two ports, 530 + 200. Then we tried one port and one wireless device and it was the same 560 + 240 on 5ghz

We didn't try checking all the ports one at a time though.

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

I had numerous issues with firmware .31 on the Coda modem. Factory resetting the modem didn't fix the issue. The current default firmware on the coda modems is .28T1, for some reason. This firmware is not as good as .27, not even close. I'm having multiple disconnects when playing HoTS in a single session. 

@RogersDave can you push firmware .27 to my unit. I've had it with this firmware. 

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

Having issues with this firmware too, my speedtest download speeds are way under 500mbps, used to be averaging 800.    @RogersDave  can you look at my modem?

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

I've tested all the firmwares that came out after .27 and I have to say performance wise, .27 is the best firmware available for the Coda modem ATM. 

User402
I've been here awhile

i'll have to get in touch with rogers about that 🙂

davex0
I plan to stick around

@OL1v3r wrote:

I had numerous issues with firmware .31 on the Coda modem. Factory resetting the modem didn't fix the issue. The current default firmware on the coda modems is .28T1, for some reason. This firmware is not as good as .27, not even close. I'm having multiple disconnects when playing HoTS in a single session. 

@RogersDave can you push firmware .27 to my unit. I've had it with this firmware. 

.28T1 is the same firmware, just changes in the GUI, as Dave has said earlier.

mES19
I plan to stick around

On .31 I am getting a couple reboots a day.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@RogersDave

So I am just going to come out and say this.

Is it worth while to recall the .31 firmware. The lag spikes are crazy. The wifi improvements are nothing to write home about. .27 was the best so far

Just my two cents worth

Mythen

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Mythen

@Mythen wrote:
@RogersDave

So I am just going to come out and say this.

Is it worth while to recall the .31 firmware. The lag spikes are crazy. The wifi improvements are nothing to write home about. .27 was the best so far

Just my two cents worth

Mythen

I agree that .27 was/is the best firmware released for the CODA. The latency has been the lowest on that firmware for me. 

pacerdjl
I plan to stick around
Same. Somewhat random reboots, mostly the last few days or so, and usually in the evening – .31 has been a bit erratic. Latency variable, wired upload speeds anywhere from 6 to 17 Mbps (should be at least 20). Thinking about factory reset back to .28T2

mES19
I plan to stick around

@RogersDaveGetting lots of random reboots with .31.

User1445713
I plan to stick around

I'm on .31 for 15 days now, no reboots (15 days on) or any serous issues. USB port works with external hard drive 2.0. Speeds are not the greatest but it allows the drive to sleep when not in use. It works OK for what I need.

Hello Community,

Reading your feedback on firmware 2.0.10.31 is disappointing, I was really hopping to see improvement there.

As you have noticed, the current production firmware on the network is 2.0.10.28T2 which means that a factory reset will bring you back to this version.

It is important to rule out other problems (network) before backing off. It seems that for some of you (over 300 users have this firmware), it works fine but not for everybody. I'm therefore willing, as a first step to downgrade your modems to 2.0.10.27, at least for a few days (a factory reset will bring you to 2.0.10.28T2).

@OL1v3r, @dmbcanda@mES19@Mythen@gp-se and @pacerdjl, if you want a temporary downgrade, send me a PM and we'll take it from there.

Dave

ok...please downgrade me to 2.0.10.27.

Thanks 

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

I have the .31 firmware and my speeds have taken a nosedive and rarely go over 500 Mbps.  I was easily able to get over 800 Mbps before.

Has anyone else had issues with speed and could you check my node to see if it is an area issue again?

Thanks

Mahomed

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

reverted Coda back to .27 on Aug 11.  Now my 250/20 is maxing out at 100 download and 20 upload with a 12 latency and 4 jitter.   Not what I was getting on .27 before and not even as good as .31 was giving me.

@hoopdogg wrote:

reverted Coda back to .27 on Aug 11.  Now my 250/20 is maxing out at 100 download and 20 upload with a 12 latency and 4 jitter.   Not what I was getting on .27 before and not even as good as .31 was giving me.

Is this test being done using wireless or an ethernet cable? Is the modem in bridge mode behind a third party router, or in gateway mode with devices connected directly to it?

Wireless testing won't give you accurate results, but if using an ethernet cable and only getting 100 then I would power off the gateway, change the ethernet cable to another port, then power the gateway back on. Try the test again and see if things improve. 

If the test was done using wireless then ensure you're using optimal settings:

2.4Ghz: 

wireless channel: 1,6, or 11

bandwith: 20mhz

security: WPA 2 AES

5Ghz:

wireless channel: 149 or higher

bandwith: 80mhz

security: WPA 2 AES

turn off upnp, and WPS Key.