FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I've received 4.5.8.33 somewhere overnight or yesterday and I my modem docsis log is full of 'critical' :

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;

DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received

and 'warnings':

B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;

MDD message timeout;

Lost MDD Timeout;

This morning I had to power off /power on the modem and so far it seems to be working.

I was on .32 before and hardly had any entries in the docsis log.

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@sp111 wrote:

Just updated to the .33 firmware on my CGNM-3552 modem. The chromecast issues are resolved, but now my phone disconnects from wifi about twice per minute, regardless whether I'm on 2.4ghz or 5ghz network. Automatic channels have been turned off and the issue persists. 

Phone is a google pixel. Issue is present both on 7.1.2 and Android 8.0 DP4.

Please let me know if a fix exists, otherwise I will need to revert to the previous firmware and lose chromecast functionality.

I just had a look at the firmware 4.5.8.33 and it is missing an optimization to help keep the Pixel phones connected. I can apply it manually to anybody that needs this config and will work with Hitron to get this addressed.

I understand that you moved on to the CODA-4582 to resolve your issue but if anybody else has this issue, let me know.

Dave

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@mrq,

I checked your modem and everything seems good now. I do see all the previous failures but I see the same thing on your neighbors' modems so I suspect there was an issue affecting your area.

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave  Please push 2.0.10.31 to my modem as I was away on vacation with the modem off.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Dave please apply this fix to my router. I have a few pixels in the house and we're all experiencing the issue!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have experimental firmware update and still experiencing internet connectivity issues with Nest products. I can confirm that the Nest products are connected to the router but traffic is blocked to internet. I've tried countless settings and wasted many too much time.
I intend to resolve this problem by putting the gateway router in bridge mode and getting a new router.
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

Update regarding Pixel WiFi disconnects on CGN3 "AC" series modems (CGN3AMR, CGN3ACR, CGN3AMF, CGN3ACSMR and CGNM-3552)

After investigation with Hitron, the WiFi fix for Pixel devices is correctly included in the current firmware (4.5.8.32) but it doesn't get applied due to a previous conflicting setting.

In order to resolve the Pixel disconnect issue, the modem must be factory reset at least once between when moving to any version after 4.5.8.30. This will remove the old setting and allow the fix to take effect.

We have a way to force the setting to be applied from the network side as well which is what we will do before deploying this firmware to all modems but in trial phase, a single factory reset is the quickest solution.

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDaveIs it recommended to reset the device to factory after the upgrade to 4.5.8.33 if it is used in bridge mode?  I only ask due to your comments about the Pixel disconnect, understanding this is not applicable to those in bridge mode any other settings or fixes that may not apply until a factory reset is done?  Just curious.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

could you please push this new firmware to my modem ...I have had serious issues connecting the Netgear Orbi system ...i have sent emails through the community forum but not getting anywhare.  it has been over a month now...

Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@parv044

@parv044 wrote:

Hi,

could you please push this new firmware to my modem ...I have had serious issues connecting the Netgear Orbi system ...i have sent emails through the community forum but not getting anywhare.  it has been over a month now...

Thanks

send a PM to @CommunityHelps with the subject "Firmware Trial"include your account number, Modem MAC address, and Modem Serial number. You can find the last two when you log in to the modem.