Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

On the Coda, .29  = Uptime 7 days | 250mbs/20mbs |

No issues so far, everything is working well , no issues with twitch buffering either.

Ready to test .30 on the Coda if needed.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
Same. On .29 currently on the coda. Ready to test .30. I am impressed that the twitch issue hasn't been an issue since you guys contacted them and ready to troubleshoot. Still watching.

@Mythen wrote:
Same. On .29 currently on the coda. Ready to test .30. I am impressed that the twitch issue hasn't been an issue since you guys contacted them and ready to troubleshoot. Still watching.

I was actually wondering about this. Is the Twitch service stable now?

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@RogersDave. I would say it's better than it was but not perfect

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersDave I haven't been watching much Twitch lately but do you think we can improve the routing to the twitch.tv website itself?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

I have been broadcasting for like 3 weeks on Twitch

I do broadcast as long as 5hours+ and I also watch and zero issues in the past 3 weeks.

twitch.tv/thefishermanclub 

So I would say for me in NB, the issue is gone for now!, hopefully it stays like this because I plan to do more and more twitch 🙂

jseller
I plan to stick around

I'm game with .30 as well.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

Just received 2.0.10.30T1 on the Coda 4582.  Here are my initial findings:

1. LAN initializes before WAN (yellow lights before dark blue and cyan).  This helps your LAN devices come up and communicate quicker.

2. Band Steering allows the use of a singe SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz

3.  DFS Channel 144 is now available

I will be doing some wireless bandwidth and roaming tests over the weekend to test the new features.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
I am on .30. On the 4582. When booting I noticed it takes quite a bit of time for the wireless to load. I too have been using dfs and band steering. It seems to work really well on my pixel XL. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that seems to have difficulty with it. But I only used it to test. Once the wireless is loaded after boot up it seems seems fine. Will test range and speed later

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave  Looks like some of the DFS channels enabled under 5GHz are invalid for indoor use in Canada.  If the firmware is developed in the US, then this could be the oversight.  The DFS channels should follow validity for Canada.

tester2013
I plan to stick around
Does anyone know when the .30 will be pushed over to the CODA?

Thanks

@blues_clues wrote:

@RogersDave  Looks like some of the DFS channels enabled under 5GHz are invalid for indoor use in Canada.  If the firmware is developed in the US, then this could be the oversight.  The DFS channels should follow validity for Canada.

Can you clarify which channel?

The software has the Canadian power and channel tables loaded (lower power on the UNII-1 channels) but I'll be happy to confirm that for you.

@tester2013 wrote:
Does anyone know when the .30 will be pushed over to the CODA?

Thanks

I pushed software 2.0.10.30 to a few people that manifested interest in trying the software early. Based on feedback received over the week-end, I will start deploying it to other firmware trial participants in batches of 100 next week.

This software or a minor revision of it is targeted for production deployment and will therefore undergo full internal testing and will eventually be pushed to production in 6-8 weeks from now. If the feedback from the community here is overwhelmingly positive that this software is a great improvement, we sometimes remove some test cases and perform an early production deployment.

Dave

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave wrote:

@blues_clues wrote:

Can you clarify which channel?

The software has the Canadian power and channel tables loaded (lower power on the UNII-1 channels) but I'll be happy to confirm that for you.

Dave

Here are the new channel ranges enabled with DFS on 5GHz:

52-56-60-64
100-104-108-112
116-120-124-128

Have a look at this chart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

118-128 should not be allowed based on this requirement.

Now, these may be blocked and not usable, which would lead to final rates of 20GHz or 40GHz but I have not tested that yet.  Enterprise wireless gear does not have these channels available in Canada when "CA" is used as the country code.

ishine80
I plan to stick around
Firmware upgrade hasn't come yet but wanted you to see a frequent issue on mine. MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:e2:58:f0;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:91:0f:a5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

tester2013
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave Message sent to @CommunityHelps for beta testing..

Thank you

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

I will try out 4.5.8.31 on the AC series.

Just to add to @blues_clues comment, from Industry Canada's RSS-247 comes the following:

6.2.3 Frequency bands 5470-5600 MHz and 5650-5725 MHz

Until further notice, devices subject to this section shall not be capable of transmitting in the band 5600-5650 MHz. This restriction is for the protection of Environment Canada’s weather radars operating in this band.

6.2.3.1 Power limits

The maximum conducted output power shall not exceed 250 mW or 11 + 10 log10B, dBm, whichever is less. The power spectral density shall not exceed 11 dBm in any 1.0 MHz band.

The maximum e.i.r.p. shall not exceed 1.0 W or 17 + 10 log10B, dBm, whichever is less. B is the 99% emission bandwidth in megahertz. Note that devices with a maximum e.i.r.p. greater than 500 mW shall implement TPC in order to have the capability to operate at least 6 dB below the maximum permitted e.i.r.p. of 1 W.

6.2.3.2 Unwanted emission limits

Emissions outside the band 5470-5725 MHz shall not exceed -27 dBm/MHz e.i.r.p. However, devices with bandwidth overlapping the band edge of 5725 MHz can meet the emission limit of -27 dBm/MHz e.i.r.p.at 5850 MHz instead of 5725 MHz.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10971.html

Looking at the channel vs frequency chart on the wikipedia site, that "no broadcast" 5600-5650 MHz range covers channels 118, 120, 122, 124, 126, and 128.

The various channels can also be seen on this inSSIDer wifi channel chart which shows the changes in the channel numbers as you switch from a 20 Mhz wide channel, to 40 Mhz, 80 Mhz and finally 160 Mhz:

@blues_clues wrote:

Thanks.

I already informed the product manager and we are looping in Hitron on this. I will see Monday what can be done but I'll have to delay the deployment of 2.0.10.30T1 by a few days to the trial participants. I will likely receive a T2 version on Tuesday morning to address this.

@RogersDave wrote:

blues_clues wrote:

Thanks.

I already informed the product manager and we are looping in Hitron on this. I will see Monday what can be done but I'll have to delay the deployment of 2.0.10.30T1 by a few days to the trial participants. I will likely receive a T2 version on Tuesday morning to address this.

Can you still deploy 2.0.10.30T1 to folks running in bridge mode?

AOD999
I plan to stick around
Are you still taking participants for this version you’re receiving on tuesday?

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

Running 30T1 on Coda for about 48hours.  Running the Rogers speed test on a hardwired connection to PC running Win10 Pro.  250/20 service.  .29 jumped to 250-260 download and usually finished up around 300. consistent 20-21 download.  30T1 starts around 130-140 and by end of test run gets up to about 220-230.  Download still 20-21.

I have ran the test 10 times at various times during last 48 hours and had same results.