Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

blues_clues
I plan to stick around
Looks like you have some Port IDs missing, from 2-11. Reboot your modem and see if they come back, if not, do a PIN reset. If that doesn't work, you will need to swap out your modem. Unfortunately, when I had that problem, I had to swap out.

ONeill88
I've been here awhile

I factory reset and only channel 1 and 7 came back but 12 is gone as well now. 

Looks like I'll have to get it swapped.

Edit: Also noticed I'm back in 26T2 after the reset.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Just received the .27 firmware. Latency and jitter improved , but I lost about 100mbps down and around 10 upload. Webpages seem to load a bit faster though.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

@OL1v3r wrote:

@RogersDave

Did a couple of tests after rebooting the unit. Jitter is significantly down compared to the previous firmware. Upstream bufferbloat is also improved (I don't think it went over 10ms during the test vs 600ms on the previous firmware). Downstream bufferbloat has not improved.  

Capture.GIF

Can you post the details of the DSL reports test so I can see the current bufferbloat on this firmware for CODA.

Here is an example of mine running on the CGN3ACSMR on the .27 firwware.

.27 buffer.JPG

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

Here:

Capture.GIF

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

Yeah, there's certainly some loss in speed with this new firmware. Upload is definitely down in my case. Bufferbloat wise, the old CGN3AMR had less bufferbloat on the latest firmware.  When it comes to games though, I get way better latencies with this modem than my older CGN3AMR and I haven't had any disconnects since I got it yersterday. 

Bruno1
I'm here a lot

Hi,

I got a new Hitron router recently and I'm having issues with Chromecast again. Do I need a new firmware? My router model is CODA-4582 and I believe the firmware version is 2.0.10.22. Thanks

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@Bruno1  Give it a try. The latest firmware for the coda modem seems to have solved many issues for many people. In my case, My ping times have slightly improved form .26T2, and connection persistency has also improved compared to the old firmware.  

IBrock
I've been here awhile

I have software version 2.0.10.27 on my CODA-4582. When I attempted to connect to the guest wifi from my iPhone 6s, I initially rec'd the message "Only allow DHCP client to use this wireless" (after entering the password and clicking on the Access Internet button). I tried two more times and finally rec'd the "Success" message.

I tried to replicate this behaviour by forgetting the network and re-connecting but no joy. It seems to work smoothly now.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I did a reset and was back to .26, today I noticed .27 was pushed back to me but without the slower speeds that I encountered on .27 the first time.
I ran a speed test on dslreports and I am getting great speeds . For the first time I'm getting full 50 mbps upload and got A's for both quality and bufferbloat.

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80 wrote:
I did a reset and was back to .26, today I noticed .27 was pushed back to me but without the slower speeds that I encountered on .27 the first time.
I ran a speed test on dslreports and I am getting great speeds . For the first time I'm getting full 50 mbps upload and got A's for both quality and bufferbloat.

That's interesting. Did you reset the modem through the web GUI? Are you in a DOCSIS 3.1 enabled area?  

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I did a hard reset with the button on the back of the modem, my area is docsis 3.1.

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave I just factory reset my modem and I'm back to firmware 2.0.10.26T2.  Can you push 2.0.10.27 to my modem again?  

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80 wrote:
I did a hard reset with the button on the back of the modem, my area is docsis 3.1.

Thanks for letting know about this. Can you post a snapshot of your bufferbloat test results? 

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I would but I have no idea how to upload images on here lol I'm assuming people use the tag somehow?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
speed test result of 351.2/44.5 mbits: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/14431154

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80 wrote:
speed test result of 351.2/44.5 mbits: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/14431154

Your bufferbloat numbers are pretty good. I'm on firmware .26T2 and my bufferbloat and jitter numbers are terrible:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/14505263

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
You can try .27 again . The reason I reset it in the first place was my speeds were around 5 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up , I didn't know at the time but there was a issue in my neighborhood.
.27 was pushed back to me the very next day without me having to ask for it, and it was much better so I thought Mabey Rogers Dave tweeked the firmware a bit.

Bruno1
I'm here a lot
Thanks! Firmware .27 was pushed to my modem and solved my audio streaming issues. I haven't noticed much change in ping and speed.

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80 wrote:
You can try .27 again . The reason I reset it in the first place was my speeds were around 5 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up , I didn't know at the time but there was a issue in my neighborhood.
.27 was pushed back to me the very next day without me having to ask for it, and it was much better so I thought Mabey Rogers Dave tweeked the firmware a bit.

Yeah, I sent a pm to @RogersDave to update my modem back to firmware .27 a couple of days ago. Havn't heard from him.  .26T2 is pretty bad compared to .27. 

Good morning Community,

Just a quick note that due to a fat finger problem this morning (100% my fault), I deleted all my private messages.

If you sent me something and you are still expecting an answer, reach out to me again.

Sorry for that.

Dave