FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Very happy to report that .24 seems to have resolved all of my connectivity issues.  

Uptime is now 1 day, 16h using bridge mode (black-dot).   Not a single event reported in the DOCSIS logs, where before I was getting regular MDD timeouts, no ranging response, etc. since DOCSIS 3.1 was turned on.  I used to have to reboot every 6-12h.  

Once we get DOCSIS 3.1 on the upstream and IPv6 turned on, I'll be happy!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tintedtictac

https://techjourney.net/cannot-connect-to-cifs-smb-samba-network-shares-shared-folders-in-windows-10...

Follow these steps and let us know if that works, if not try to "Map Network Drive" and see if you can connect that way.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nath999

I would have tech support do some line testing on-site, your signal strength is abit out of range... but if you still wish to join the beta;

You have a couple of options.
You can msg and wait for @RogersDave who is probably overwhelmed with requests. Or you can go to this posting: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315... and send a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask to join their beta program. Once they update you past 2.0.10.19 then you are on beta.... and accept the risks.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully I'll get it pushed to me soon. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on CODA-4582 2.0.10.24 and it's the first time I've been stable with DOCSIS 3.1. Prior to this firmware I was rebooting every hour or less.
I'm Here A Lot

@gp-se wrote:

@tintedtictac

https://techjourney.net/cannot-connect-to-cifs-smb-samba-network-shares-shared-folders-in-windows-10...

Follow these steps and let us know if that works, if not try to "Map Network Drive" and see if you can connect that way.

thanks for the suggestion.  it's great that there is a place where we can all help each other with these issues.  

I actually just changed  the Windows Services setting on my NAS and this resolved the problem for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tintedtictac

@tintedtictac wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

@tintedtictac

thanks for the suggestion.  it's great that there is a place where we can all help each other with these issues.  

I actually just changed  the Windows Services setting on my NAS and this resolved the problem for me.

Good to hear you got it all working! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Firmware v .24.   trying to use/access a usb 3.0 hdd on gigabit modem.  looking at  configs I don't see a usb storage tab whether drive is plugged in or not?  From others I read there should be a tab under admin but I'm just trying to confirm that and whether it should be there even if usb not plugged in.  drive works fine when plugged into all pc's but modem doesn't seem to accept it.  thoughts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hoopdogg wrote:

Firmware v .24.   trying to use/access a usb 3.0 hdd on gigabit modem.  looking at  configs I don't see a usb storage tab whether drive is plugged in or not?  From others I read there should be a tab under admin but I'm just trying to confirm that and whether it should be there even if usb not plugged in.  drive works fine when plugged into all pc's but modem doesn't seem to accept it.  thoughts?

@hoopdogg Currently on the CODA Modem the USB port is disabled, under the ADMIN Page you will see an option to disable or enable the USB Sharing, but it's still disabled no matter what option you choose. A future firmware release will enable it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Almost two weeks now since I got the .27 update... everythings rock solid good, nothing to complain about.

Just reporting in

Thanks,