Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

yea just logged in to my modem and yesterday alone I had 3 MDD timeouts, can anyone confirm if the second batch of coda modems with the black dot are diff then the ones that came out a month ago ?

joker2168
I plan to stick around

So the factory reset fixed the issue and I see all my channels. It seems nice and stable now. Wireless is good. ETH Ports are all working fine. NAS running NFS and CIFS is working very well.

@markopas

I wonder if I should trade in my original CODA modem for the black dot version, the only reason why I say this is that people who had the black dot version seem to be working much better after they have received the .23 firmware.  I know this shouldnt matter but I have seen stranger things happens that are complelety unrelated to one another to cause issues.

I have a day 1 Original CODA, on .23 without any issues, running DOCSIS 3.0 where I live. The hardware is all the same, the only difference is the shielding on the Tuner. Firmware is identical for all CODA Modems. 

User1445713 wrote:

Another point not really impacting performance but annoying is "Green-Blinking Ethernet active" front light. This should be steady green for Ethernet active status and randomly blinking for activity like the rest of the Ethernet connected devices in the whole world. Steady blinking typically is used to draw attention to some sort of alarm or warning.

The flashing green light is normal, Dave explained it's something the CASA CMTS does with the modem. I do wish however that in the firmware of the modem it could "ignore" these packets from causing the activity light to flash.

joker2168
I plan to stick around

FYI

I am still reciving  these errors1 02/15/2017 14:09:59 84020200 warning Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC after the .23 update.

robck
I plan to stick around

I also get the same Lost MDD "warning" minimum once per day:

84020200: Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I also get a "critical":

82000200: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;

Not sure what that means message means either.

joker2168
I plan to stick around

When I get that error I do get a loss of connection

jjdunn10
I plan to stick around
Is anyone else getting slow speeds on Xbox one or even Xbox 360 with the coda modem and firmware ending .19? I haven't had download issues until my upload speed was fixed but tech support is still saying there is no issue.

Yea sometimes my speed on Xbox gets slower then normal , from what I heard @RogersDave and Rogers are trying to get a fix with Xbox live don't know if it's a MDU issue or what but that's what I heard from @Datalink

jjdunn10
I plan to stick around

@lethalsniper wrote:
Yea sometimes my speed on Xbox gets slower then normal , from what I heard @RogersDave and Rogers are trying to get a fix with Xbox live don't know if it's a MDU issue or what but that's what I heard from @Datalink

I have never had issues with downloading but it just started recently where the speeds stay around 70-90Mbps and drop down to 1-9Mbps for the rest of the download. Technology is so frustrating especially when "upgrades" are being done.

tintedtictac
I'm here a lot

I exchanged my modem for CODA-4582 on Saturday.  I soon realized that I could not access my NAS drive (WDMyCloud).  I was updated to .23 today and I'm now able to access the NAS drive, however.....I've done multiple speed tests since I recieved the new modem and I'm maxing at about 200 Mbps!

jseller
I plan to stick around

I started noticing delays when loading web pages. I'm using the black dot CODA modem with .23 firmware. Ran a speed test and got 26.8 down and 17.7 up on a gigabit wired connection ran at 12:45am. Don't know what's causing this.

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@jjdunn10 wrote:
Is anyone else getting slow speeds on Xbox one or even Xbox 360 with the coda modem and firmware ending .19? I haven't had download issues until my upload speed was fixed but tech support is still saying there is no issue.

Yes, via CODA-4582 and in Bridge mode,  XboxOne speeds are RIDICULOUSLY slow ....  I am geting between 1.9 Mbps and 79Mbps Down where 6 months ago I was consistently getting 180Mbps Down..... Grrrr

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

CODA-4582  2.0.10.23

Looks like I was upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1 last night.  Upload speeds have almost doubled.  Now getting approx 670Mbps down and 47Mbps up.  Other than the minor issues with .23, I'm a happy camper.  That speed was from one PC.  If I run multiple streams, I'm over 800Mbps of available bandwidth.

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
@blues_clues where abouts in Ontario are you for the 3.1 upgrade? Heard some people in Whitby got it in the East side of Toronto the other night and was wondering if they are still working on the east side or back into Toronto/West side.

joker2168
I plan to stick around

I got it in the afternoon in Scarbrough

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@Hybrid_Noodle wrote:
@blues_clues where abouts in Ontario are you for the 3.1 upgrade? Heard some people in Whitby got it in the East side of Toronto the other night and was wondering if they are still working on the east side or back into Toronto/West side.

@Hybrid_Noodle I'm in Woodbridge, L4H0E5.

vcasiero80
I plan to stick around

Well,

Looks like my speed issues are back.  Getting a steady 40Mbps up but now only topping out around 12-14Mbps down.

I have all 32 ports, but see these errors..

5 02/15/2017 09:08:37 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:cd:83:50;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:93:72:13;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

6 02/15/2017 09:58:50 84020200 warning Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:cd:83:50;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:93:72:13;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

7 02/15/2017 15:52:29 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:cd:83:50;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:93:72:13;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

8 02/15/2017 16:45:16 68010300 error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:cd:83:50;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:93:72:13;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

9 02/16/2017 00:41:27 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:cd:83:50;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:93:72:13;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I am on FW .23 but I am hesitant to reboot as my WiFi seems stable (i.e clients not dropping and not being able to reconnect)  I have 5Ghz disabled and only using 2.4Ghz on the CODA (non black dot)

Any suggestions/advice!

PS - using rogers speedchek to test speeds and I have hit 800+ down before but would need to reboot every 2 days as speeds would drop to these levels.  Was steady for about 3-4 days, but now this again.

joker2168
I plan to stick around

Same boat as you. After my update I had to factory reset to get my full channels back and then one more reboot to get my speed back up to were it should be yesterday. This morning I had to reboot and so far I am good on speed. My wireless and eth ports are all working fine.

jjdunn10
I plan to stick around
@mozerd Have you tried any other modem? I had the cgnm 3552 and the download was still the same. Well at least I know I'm not the only one with the same issue.

markopas
I plan to stick around

@gp-se wrote:

@markopas

I wonder if I should trade in my original CODA modem for the black dot version, the only reason why I say this is that people who had the black dot version seem to be working much better after they have received the .23 firmware.  I know this shouldnt matter but I have seen stranger things happens that are complelety unrelated to one another to cause issues.

I have a day 1 Original CODA, on .23 without any issues, running DOCSIS 3.0 where I live. The hardware is all the same, the only difference is the shielding on the Tuner. Firmware is identical for all CODA Modems. 

At the end of the day, I dont care too much about the wireless as I will be hooking up my own router to the modem and set it to bridged mode.  My only conern now is that since being on .23 my speeds have dropped by 200-250Mbps from the 950 I was getting on the .19 and I am on Docsis 3.1

I would love to have someone with an excellent working CODA modem come over and test out the results between the two hardware devices to compare apples to apples.