FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@NOTORIOUSVR wrote:

I  have to say, everything is working great here now... Clearly they found the issue in my area as nothing else changed on my end... Same modem (CODA w/ black dot), same FW (.23).. 

And no matter what the time I get rock solid speeds... so clearly when Rogers get's their ducks in a row it is possible to have a proper gigabit network!

1.jpg

On the Front of your Gateway, are both the downstream and upstream lights blue? Perhaps your area got upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1

I'm an Advisor

@gp-se wrote:

@NOTORIOUSVR wrote:

I  have to say, everything is working great here now... Clearly they found the issue in my area as nothing else changed on my end... Same modem (CODA w/ black dot), same FW (.23).. 

And no matter what the time I get rock solid speeds... so clearly when Rogers get's their ducks in a row it is possible to have a proper gigabit network!

1.jpg

On the Front of your Gateway, are both the downstream and upstream lights blue? Perhaps your area got upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1

The upstream light won't turn light blue; they are not planning to deploy upstream D3.1 for a while yet...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I meant are both lights blue (DOSCIS 3) whereas 3.1 would have downstream a lighter blue/cyan colour.

I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to take part in the trail for the rogers rocket wifi
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@v_claro81

Hello,

Please don't enter your MAC address on the forum for security reasons, you can e-mail all the info to @CommunityHelps and request to be part of the firmware beta program.

Thanks 😉

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry about tgat
I Plan to Stick Around

Getting disconnects here and 5G speed is still bad. Wired ethernet is great though. Disconnects when daytrading 1000 shares of AAPL is not ideal @RogersDave

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

@NOTORIOUSVR wrote:

1.jpg

Yes my area just recently got upgraded to 3.1 on the downstream

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mES19

Disconnects from WiFi, or the Gateway looses connection from Rogers? 

I Plan to Stick Around

@VivienM wrote:
@gp-se wrote:
@NOTORIOUSVR wrote:

1.jpg

The upstream light won't turn light blue; they are not planning to deploy upstream D3.1 for a while yet...

Any idea when Rogers plans on deploying D3.1 upstream? My area is over saturated on the upstream, only getting 15-20Mbit up during peak hours 😞