FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Thanks! Will do...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

.19 did not fix the bridge mode issue. I did reset both modem and router.

I don't have the 2.4 issue that affects the speed. Tried all mentioned above no change in speed probably may be due to my speed is just between 100-200mbps even in the old modem 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

experiencing big ping spikes tonight on .19 but it seems as if upload has been fixed on this firmware, seeing around 40 up right now (2am) , download is still way off the expected areas of 900+ (and nowhere close to what it was on the cgn 3552 which was in the 700 area) , hovering around 475-575 (depending on speedtest.net/rogers/dslreports). Looks like we are heading in the right direction not sure why some like me are experiencing the degraded download though will keep you updated

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave @Datalink I just did a speed test this morning and this is the best results I have ever seen so far.  I am still not sure why I can't seem to get close to 50 Mbps on the upload speeds.

speed test 0616 am dec 30.jpg

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDaveTested WIFI on a Nexus 6 and LG G5 and disconnects have been corrected but 5GHZ AC connections are EXTREMELY slow still getting faster uploads than downloads. Also had an issued yesterday where my wired connection slowed to under 10 when tested but a reboot solved that. No .19 here yet.

Highlighted

@mES19

Please see if your 2.4 Ghz band is active and if so, turn it off, save the settings and then power cycle the modem. This band seems to have issues even with the .19 firmware.

On my iPad Air 2 I can get about 300 Mbps/20 Mbps .
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

There was a lot of discussion in this forums over the last 24 hours regarding the impact of 2.4 GHz WiFi on the speeds. This is a known issue on some modems and this is why a week ago in my troubleshooting steps, disabling 2.4 GHz WiFi and/or moving external routers 6 feet away from the modem was part of the list.

For affected modems (which we can generally identify from the network), firmware 2.0.10.19 provides a great improvement in most cases. Now I see that @Alex4161 has that firmware loaded but is still experiencing degraded speeds with 2.4 GHz WiFi enabled and we will therefore investigate further.

Ultimately, we still have a majority of customers using this device that are seeing a vast improvement in speed, jitter and latency. When DOCSIS 3.1 gets deployed, this will get even better. We still have other enhancement to the firmware planned for January (version 2.0.10.20) that should bring improvements to WiFi speeds amongst other fixes.

Dave

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

@RogersDave would it still be worth it to switch to this new modem even tho docs 3.1 is not avail in my area will I still see improvements over the acsmr ?
Highlighted

@RogersDave

I just wanted to let you know that there are no other router/modems within 6 feet of the Rogers modem as the CODA modem is the only device I am using.

Highlighted

@lethalsniper 

There's no doubt about it that you'll see an improvement on the CODA-4582. Ever since switching to the modem games have felt much more responsive and browsing feel alot more snappier.