FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersDave

Would there be any side effects with leaving IPV6 on for thoseo f us who bridge? as it's rather useful for online gaming (Xbox Live) and thisi so ne of the major reasons people are so keen to get this new modem with the puma 7 chip. due to gaming latency issues. 

What type of IPV6 does roger deploy in a bridged state. I have been using DHCPv6 with prefix delagation on my router, because it works proerly. Native IPV6 from ISP does not work mor me.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave let me also add my thanks to you & the Rogers team for all the hard work in getting this new modem out so quickly!  Less than 3 months from product announce through FCC & IC approval to deployment?  That's an Agile team!

Network Architect
Network Architect

@Jeffj wrote:

@RogersDave

Would there be any side effects with leaving IPV6 on for thoseo f us who bridge? as it's rather useful for online gaming (Xbox Live) and thisi so ne of the major reasons people are so keen to get this new modem with the puma 7 chip. due to gaming latency issues. 

What type of IPV6 does roger deploy in a bridged state. I have been using DHCPv6 with prefix delagation on my router, because it works proerly. Native IPV6 from ISP does not work mor me.

The problem is that the current software built was not certified for IPv6 operation at all. There may be issues that we haven't identified yet and allowing IPv6 to be enabled (knowing there are issues) would be a major support pain point.

The average customer, even those running in bridge mode, would not be able to easily identify if a problem is caused by IPv6 or not and it is equally difficult in this specific scenario for our support teams.

I am a strong IPv6 advocate but on this one, I really had to strongly recommend IPv6 to be temporarily disabled.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Makes sense, I'll still gladly deal with routing ports properly on ipv4 if it means i can grab this new modem and not have a poor gaming session.

@RogersDave

I wil receive the new KODA modem on Dec 22, will give you feedback as soon as I get it.

Just for some background information, the new Intel Puma 7 chipset that is featued in the CODA-4582 is fabricated on a 14nm process, which means that it is much more power efficient than the Puma 6 chipset. The efficiency in the Puma 7 chipset allows Hitron to include a power supply inside the modem  which is why there is no external power brick! 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the new modem. Is it weird that the power light doesn't come on but the rest do

Mythen

I'm an Advisor

@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

Just for some background information, the new Intel Puma 7 chipset that is featued in the CODA-4582 is fabricated on a 14nm process, which means that it is much more power efficient than the Puma 6 chipset. The efficiency in the Puma 7 chipset allows Hitron to include a power supply inside the modem  which is why there is no external power brick! 

Have you seen how HUGE the new modem is in person? 

I love the built-in power supply, but... I don't think that the inclusion of a power supply has anything to do with the Puma 7's power efficiency. Maybe Rogers and other MSOs were just tired of trying to keep track of external power bricks... 

I'm an Advisor

@Mythen wrote:
I gave the new modem. Is it weird that the power light doesn't come on but the rest do

Mythen

Power light comes on on mine... hmm..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

IMG_20161213_192045.jpg