FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

So far performance has been much better on .27, way less spikes and the connection seems to be much more stable.

Did you guys say its best practice to reset the modem to factory defaults after a new firmware push?

I Plan to Stick Around

This is my first time updating to a trial version, so I just wanted to know if requesting it locks me in for all future trials, or just this one (4.5.8.27)? I only want to participate in this one as people are reporting greater ping results.

As for what I've seen so far, after following all the necessary steps of factor resetting the modem, the ping results are exactly the same as before the update.

Pinged: google.ca

Sent: 500

Received: 493

Lost: 7

Min: 12ms

Max: 581ms

Avg: 30ms

As well as poor ping results, for the past week or so (after a few weeks of below 50Mbps download speeds), my upload speed has taken a dive below 5Mbps. I'm on the 250/20 package.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not good.  got updated to 4.5.8.27

Chromecast issues came back.

Not cool.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try this:

1.  Run a factory reset on the modem and reset the parameters after it completes the reboot.  When you have reset all of the various parameters and saved the changes, reboot the modem. 

2.  Restart both the chromecast and the casting device when the modem has completed the reboot.

I Plan to Stick Around

@TFM_Jeff wrote:

This is my first time updating to a trial version, so I just wanted to know if requesting it locks me in for all future trials, or just this one (4.5.8.27)? I only want to participate in this one as people are reporting greater ping results.

As for what I've seen so far, after following all the necessary steps of factor resetting the modem, the ping results are exactly the same as before the update.

Pinged: google.ca

Sent: 500

Received: 493

Lost: 7

Min: 12ms

Max: 581ms

Avg: 30ms

As well as poor ping results, for the past week or so (after a few weeks of below 50Mbps download speeds), my upload speed has taken a dive below 5Mbps. I'm on the 250/20 package.

Can you post a screen shot of your modem stats from the docsis provisioning tab.

The fact that you are getting 84/3 on the 250/20 package leads me to believe the issue may not be the modem at all could be the line.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So it seems like performance is up and down.

At first it seemed to be way better but now my jitter seems to be just as bad.

What do you guys think?

ping.pngpingplot.png'

Also it does not look like I can ping the CMTS from my location but I may be doing it wrong.

I Plan to Stick Around

I forgot to mention that my netbook only has a 100Mbps network card, so the 80Mbps download is somewhat normal. I usually get anywhere from 80 - 95 download. The upload is usually 20 - 25, however as of about two weeks ago it struggles to hit 5Mbps. Like I said, several weeks ago, up until about two weeks ago, the download was struggling to hit 50Mbps. That went back to "normal" and now the upload is struggling.

What is interesting, though, is that running a speed test on www.fast.com on my PS4 results in about a 75 - 90 download. It should hit 250Mbps on the PS4.

Here's what my provisioning stats and downstream/upstream levels are:

DOCSIS Provisioning.pngDOCSIS WAN.png

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave do you mind updating the first post's Known Issues with the TCP & UDP Latency issues that are still to be fixed?  4.5.8.25 says "Latency Improvements" but that probably needs to be qualified as "ICMP Latency Improvements".

These TCP & UDP latency issues are why I had to go back to a Cisco 3825 modem, and will exchange my modem when these latency issues are resolved (have a VoIP solution that suffered significant jitter on the CGN3ACSMR on production 4.5.8.22, but works great on the 3825).

I'm Here A Lot

So the Cisco 3825 does not see the same problems for you? Can anyone else confirm this is the case?

Any reason we wouldn't all use that?

I Plan to Stick Around

I get around 350- 400 mbps on the gigabite package over wifi. The trouble is when I hardwire anything, my router included i can't get speeds higher than 100 mbps. Anyone else with this issue?