FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@nigelncwong wrote:
I'll add more symptoms:

Only the initial connection to a site is slow. once connected the speed is ok. But if open up an app like sportsnet it takes forever to load all images. very very slow.

Nigelncwong,

We have identified an issue in your area yesterday that will cause what you are experiencing. The issue is currently scheduled to be rectified tonight but I am working with our Network Operations team to evaluate the possibility of deploying a correction earlier today.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so so so much!
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

Hello, you might missed my post #844

I want to keep .27 no need for rollback, the upload issue is barely noticeable. 

Feel free to look at post 844 , I'd love to get answers.

Thanks for the update Dave.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

Hello, you might missed my post #844

I want to keep .27 no need for rollback, the upload issue is barely noticeable. 

Feel free to look at post 844 , I'd love to get answers.

Thanks for the update Dave.

The upload speed issue is mostly noticeable above 15 Mbps. Therefore, it mostly affects Gigabit customers.

For latency/jitter, I am waiting for further feedback from Hitron. The priority is to work on TCP latency first and this is what is currently being looked at.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am on 250/20 .. I am thinking of upgrading to Gigabit after all issues are sorted out and the speed is stable.. so far from what I hear people are getting around 800 mbs. I wonder if DOCIS 3.0 can really push  1 GB , might wait until DOCSIS 3.1 then upgrading would be worth.

Anyhow, Thanks the Update as usual Roger!

Network Architect
Network Architect

@RogersDave wrote:

Nigelncwong,

We have identified an issue in your area yesterday that will cause what you are experiencing. The issue is currently scheduled to be rectified tonight but I am working with our Network Operations team to evaluate the possibility of deploying a correction earlier today.

Dave

Nigelncwong,

The problem identified has been corrected last night. Let us know if you still experience an issue.

Dave 

I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm the issue has been revolved. Thank you so much!

Just curious why this only affect certain devices?
Network Architect
Network Architect

@nigelncwong wrote:
I can confirm the issue has been revolved. Thank you so much!

Just curious why this only affect certain devices?

The issue was related to IPv6 routing in your area. IPv6 traffic was getting discarded in our aggregation point.

Pretty much all recent devices (with IPv6 support) would have been affected in the sense that browsing, loading webpages would have been much slower. Device would attempt to connect to IPv6 resources and eventually fall back to IPv4. The speed at which the fallback occurs is where there is a difference between devices.

It is possible that your Note 4 is really slow at falling back to IPv4 which made it look like nothing was working.

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your detailed explanation!
I've Been Here Awhile

I am experiencing an issue where the modem network interface is locking up casuing the internet to go down.  The only remedy is to reboot the modem.  I thought this was one of the things that this firmware fixed.