Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@Makaveli99 wrote:

ok switching the IPv6 setting in the router to stateless made it work.

So the question now is why is stateful not working when it was fine before?

This is a good question. Perhaps there was a change on the client your used for testing (an upgrade for example) that would have changed the behavior of DHCPv6 configuration.

Except in specific situations, on entreprise networks for example, there is really limited advantage to go stateful for IPv6 and SLAAC is the way to go.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

Just noticed my modem got upgraded from .25 to .26 over the week end, I checked on first page to see if there was patch notes for this firmware version but it's not there.

John,

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@Datalink

I spoke with tech support and they recommended I swap out my modem. All signal levels are good from their end they say

Mythen

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

Just noticed my modem got upgraded from .25 to .26 over the week end, I checked on first page to see if there was patch notes for this firmware version but it's not there.

John,

Your modem was upgraded Friday as one of the volunteers to test the firmware for latency improvement. The firmware 4.5.8.25 had an issue where under some circumstances packet loss could be observed for ICMP traffic. Firmware 4.5.8.26 fixes that issue.

I just updated the revision list to include this firmware.

I will be pushing this firmware at large once engineering completes initial testing and if no other issues are discovered.

Note that this firmware still only addresses ICMP latency, it doesn't fix ICMPv6 and TCP latency.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

This machine is a wired desktop the only change would have been the windows 10 Anniversary Update.

i've not seen any issues posted so far with that causing IPv6 issues.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

ok thanks for the update!

I assume you guys will start working on  ICMPv6 and TCP latency after .26 is official.

@Makaveli99 wrote:

This machine is a wired desktop the only change would have been the windows 10 Anniversary Update.

i've not seen any issues posted so far with that causing IPv6 issues.

There was actually changes in the behavior of the DHCPv6 client on Windows 10 AU. There are a few reports of this, all related to the handling of the O and M bits (sorry this is really technical).

For example: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7f076f49-4e0d-494c-8d98-5dc9acbe76f5/windows-10-anniv...

I guess with the R7000, you are running exactly in that bug.

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

I assume you guys will start working on  ICMPv6 and TCP latency after .26 is official.

We are still working with Hitron on ICMPv6 and TCP. I will be discussing with them this week to establish a course of action and see if I can expect another firmware build that will address ICMPv6 and TCP soon.

If not, I will deploy .26 to all trial participants as a first step while they work on the other 2 protocols.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the link interesting find.

And my profession is IT this isn't over my head technically 🙂

I will test from my HTPC which is still running Windows 7 to see if the stateful vs stateless issue happends on that box aswell.

Also if anyone else is using an Asus router can you test this to see if its the same issue for you aswell.

Please post what model router and the firmware you are using and which version of windows.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave wrote:

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

We are still working with Hitron on ICMPv6 and TCP. I will be discussing with them this week to establish a course of action and see if I can expect another firmware build that will address ICMPv6 and TCP soon.

If not, I will deploy .26 to all trial participants as a first step while they work on the other 2 protocols.

Kool as I'm still on .22 version!

Thanks,

Daniel

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I am also a Manager for an IT dept, so this stuff is not over my head don't worry @RogersDave

Again thanks for the update and I am very confident that by Christmas the whole latency issue should be past us!

John

@Makaveli99, @JohnBeaudin, here's another technet link of interest regarding the Windows 10 AU IPV6 issue:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/b16e7d78-e390-4ada-a24b-3ccba60fa571/no-ip...

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

Excellent find.

So this is clearly a Windows AU issue and nothing to do with my Router or the Rogers modem!

Will make sure to keep a note of this going forward.

nobs2016
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

I just got the 4.5.8.22 late morning Friday on the CGNM-3552.

Thought I'd wait and see a few days before checking in.

Definitely speed issues and I see the post about the ipv6. I did that in command prompt and at this moment I see much better Speedtest results (500-600 vs 50). I did see 800-900 soon after getting the CGNM-3552.

Now the big issue for me is my Obi100 ATA (for voip). It disconnected on the installation. I got it going again but it hasn't stable until finally it disconnected again (yesterday) and can't get it going. Is this a coincidence? Any one have this experience and/or advice? I am not bridging the modem/router.

Thanks

@nobs2016 the VOIP issue is probably the SIP/ALG which requires disabling in the modem.  Call tech support and ask the CSR to disable it.  If the tech gives you a hard time about it, simply say, thanks very much and disconnect the call.  The policy regarding disabling the SIP/ALG was changed recently, so, its no longer a fee for service Techxpert item.  Tech support or the mods will be able to do this for you. 

After disconnecting the call, send a message to @CommunityHelps requesting that the SIP/ALG be disabled on your modem.  When you are logged into the forum, follow that link to get to the Communityhelps Public page.  On the right hand side is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Select that link to get to the message composition page.  Its already addressed.  Fill in the title and details and hit send.  Just before you compose the message, log into the modem and grab the modems HFC MAC address and Serial number off of the STATUS page.  That page is displayed when you log into the modem.  Paste those into the message so that one of the mods can find the correct modem to change the setting. 

Watch for a response when you're logged into the Forum.  It will show up in the form of a number, overlaid on your personal icon at the top right hand corner of the forum pages.  Select the link, and then the envelope icon to get to the mail boxes. 

That should get it done.

Fwiw, this will be a user selectable item in the next firmware.

nobs2016
I plan to stick around
Thanks, the Tech CSR disabled SIP/ALG and we're back online.
I did see (just after I posted) that SIP/ALG could be an issue with firmware updates. My first encounter so thanks again.
Keep up the good works!

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Hello,

If 4.5.8.26 is pretty solid, I would like to be part of this as I am on version 22.

Thanks

Slipstream1982
I plan to stick around

Can you guys push .26 to my modem as well?  I'm on .22. 

Fwiw, while I can't speak for @RogersDave in this case, I think there will be limited benefit to going to .26 other than more eyes looking at the settings and results of those settings along with different network configurations.  That might reveal issues that haven't been picked up yet.  While the ICMP ping times have come down, TCP/IP and UDP are yet to be resolved.  So, if you were to ping some end target and see the improvement, you would expect the same for TCP/IP, but that isn't the case at the present time.  TCP/IP resolution should be of interest to everyone, but, its not there yet.  If you do go to .26, keep that in mind, its still a work in progress. 

WaveSurf
I've been here awhile
Hi

I'm interested in testing .22 on my modem. Please let me know how to get it.

thanks

@Slipstream1982 wrote:

Can you guys push .26 to my modem as well?  I'm on .22. 

@Alex4161 wrote:

Hello,

If 4.5.8.26 is pretty solid, I would like to be part of this as I am on version 22.

Thanks

At this point, firmware 4.5.8.26 was pushed only to a few users to test a fix. This fix will be included in firmware 4.5.8.27 which will be released shortly.

Firmware 4.5.8.27 is the candidate for rollout in production and therefore is the firmware that I will pushing to all trial participants as soon as I get the approval from engineering.