Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

I actually did a factory reset over the weekend but I never checked it in Gateway mode I went right back in to bridge mode and ran the test.

I will do another factory reset and test it in Gateway mode.

WBarras
I plan to stick around
@jseller Nevermind I got it to work. Off topic but since you have the same router combo I do I might as well ask.

Are you getting any intermient disconnects from you CGN device? I'm getting random disconnects that last 20-30 seconds (where the blue LEDs become green to signal they're looking for a connection) it's been happening for the past month. It eventually comes back but it's just a nuance.

jseller
I plan to stick around
I did when I first noticed that the firmware was upgraded. But one I did a factory reset, it worked great. No disconnections so far.

Which firmware did you get, is there a .25 firmware coming out soon ?

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave 

I am curently on 4.5.8.25

4.5.8.25 (September 15, 2016) - Issues identified, firmware on hold

any idea when the issues will be solved ?

and should we expect that after the resolution of these issues, it will be available to all beta testers in the forum?

John

I am currently working with Hitron and at this point I can't provide a date.

Once these issues are resolved, I will perform the same process as last time, upgrade a few modems (around 5), wait a couple of days for feedback then upgrade all firmware trial participants.

Dave

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks for the update @RogersDave

always nice to see progress!

John

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@Makaveli99 wrote:

I actually did a factory reset over the weekend but I never checked it in Gateway mode I went right back in to bridge mode and ran the test.

I will do another factory reset and test it in Gateway mode.

Bridge mode is where the tests actually count because you're using a Netgear R7000 ....

I am having issues as well ... I happen to believe that my issues are related to the way Rogers are binding Router Mac Addresses  and/or ACL on their control systems. @RogersDave is trying to find out but so far no resolution.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@WBarras wrote:
@jseller Nevermind I got it to work. Off topic but since you have the same router combo I do I might as well ask.

Are you getting any intermient disconnects from you CGN device? I'm getting random disconnects that last 20-30 seconds (where the blue LEDs become green to signal they're looking for a connection) it's been happening for the past month. It eventually comes back but it's just a nuance.

I experience random disconnects that last 20-30 seconds --  happens 3 to 4 times daily. very annoying 4sure.

Resetting the Hitron to factory default does not help in my case. Hopefully .25 will solve that.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

WBarras
I plan to stick around

@mozerd This almost never happened with my old CGN2 modem (dissconnects only once every 2 weeks) so I am assuming it is the CGN3ACSMR's fault. It happened quite frequently with .21 firmware (around 7-8 times a day) but with .22 I've actually gotten better results (down to twice a day) still a pain, especially when I'm gaming. Very annoying.

I also thought it was my wiring (which it may very well still be) I haven't checked or updated them since moving in in 2004. Based on another thread on this forum concerning signal levels, I seem to have normal levels. Close to 0 in terms of the signal (dBmV) and 36-43 dB downstream and 34-36 signal (dBmV) signal upstream.

gduesbur1
I've been here awhile

Hello

I was updated to software version 4.5.8.22 - For testing.

Once the modem rebooted this afternoon I noticed that I load my VOIP telephone solution stopped working

I loaded a saved configuration copy before the 4.5.8.22 upgrade to  disable SIP/ALG.    But it seems that it does not work.

@gduesbur1 wrote:

I loaded a saved configuration copy before the 4.5.8.22 upgrade to  disable SIP/ALG.    But it seems that it does not work.

Gduesbur1,

I just went ahead and disabled the SIP/ALG function for you. In the next release, this setting will be available directly to customers.

Dave

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Latency is still an issue. Smiley Sad speed is nice though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@Triple_Helix

I am on .25 as well, I was hoping for a latency improvement especially for online gaming, but it's similar to previous firmware version.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@Triple_Helix

I am on .25 as well, I was hoping for a latency improvement especially for online gaming, but it's similar to previous firmware version.

I'm still on .22 so I don't know? Smiley Wink

http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

gduesbur1
I've been here awhile

Dave

Something else must be different with this firmware ( 4.5.8.22 ) as both my Cisco IP Phone and Grandstream home unit that are using www.VOIP.MS  as a service provider are not registering

Even after you disabled the SIP/ALG function this evening.  

I have power cycled them and also tried to force them to register

Gord

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@Triple_Helix

http://results.speedtest.xfinity.com/result/1395936444.png

I am in North East New-Brunswick so I picked Boston.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@Triple_Helix

http://results.speedtest.xfinity.com/result/1395936444.png

I am in North East New-Brunswick so I picked Boston.

And I thought mine was bad. Your IPv6 goes way down compared to IPv4. Smiley Surprised North Oshawa Ontario here.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Yeah that's one of the glitch on .25 needs to be fixed before they can release it to more betat tester I believe.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

Isn't this suppose to fix the lantency through the modem.

I doubt you will see your pings dropping to detroit in that speed test.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@Makaveli99 wrote:

Isn't this suppose to fix the lantency through the modem.

I doubt you will see your pings dropping to detroit in that speed test.

Well the Ping is better here: http://www.speedtest.net/

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

Your ping doesn't look any different from your post on DSLreports from june.

It was also 12ms.