FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

The updated firmware is running great for me so far.  My core issue was lan disconnects - sometimes multiple times per day.  

I haven't have a single lan disconnect since the new firmware.

thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Have had the updated firmware for over a week now and it has been great, no more disconnects from the LAN.

Keeping my fingers crossed this keep up as I did not enjoy rebooting my modem multiple times a day.

I've Been Around

I would like the update to be sent to me.  I am having difficulty with Chromecast

I've Been Here Awhile

Please have the latest firmware pushed to my modem.  I have not yet received it.  Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dayes, please see message #63 in the following thread for instructions on requesting the trial version:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

Scroll up to message #63.

I'm Here A Lot

The update worked like a charm. No chromecast connectivity issues after more than a week of frustration. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am also receiving the message about:

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

I have also noticed that the wifi on my phone drops out for a moment every once in a while. My parents have also been complaining that the desktop running on wifi constantly loses its connection.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had the .22 version firmware for a couple of days and this message has come up on the docsis logs. 

B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=bc:4d:fb:90:7e:c0;CMTS-MAC=00:23:5e:6f:1e:62;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

also 

Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;CM-MAC=bc:4d:fb:90:7e:c0;CMTS-MAC=00:23:5e:6f:1e:62;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Any idea.  

Mythens

I've Been Here Awhile

My modem is dropping connection more frequently with the trial firmware version.
I Plan to Stick Around

Am I correct in assuking that most people are finding .22 firmware a dud? Devices dropping connections?