Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersDave Out of curiosity, what does the new firmware received from hitron address?

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

will the new firmware fix the unstable 2.4ghz speed, the erratic signal and the mystery network?  this 5 mbit download speed on wireless is getting old Smiley Sad

boon1
I'm here a lot

The modem is updated this morning but I could not access to the modem. I've tried the following IP address but still having issues. I even resetted the modem.

Also, I saw the SSID broadcasted but is't not accepting the default password (eg. password)

Please if anyone could provide some input.

Thanks!

SimplePanda
I plan to stick around

I'm assuming you made a type but if not, the address for a bridge-mode modem is:

http://192.168.100.1

sorry. I meant 192.168.100.1

Still I cannot access. After I've resetted the modem, I'm seing the default SSID broadcasted.

I use the following IP (192.168.0.1) but still cannot acces to the modem page.

boon1,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing these issues. If you did a factory reset, your modem is probably in the initial setup mode. There is likely an SSID called RogersXXXX_EasyConnect. Connect to that SSID and open a browser. You will then be prompted with the initial setup flow where you set your network name and password.

After going through this process, you will be able to connect normally at http://192.168.0.1

Note that the password you will set for your network will also be the password for the management interface:

Username: cusadmin

Password: same as WiFi password

If you haven't performed a factory reset, I suggest you do so. To do this, locate the pin-hole reset button on the back of your WiFi modem and then push and hold it down with a paperclip or pen for five to ten seconds. If completed successfully the lights on the modem will begin to flash and it will take approximately two minutes to reset.

After the reset, you should be able to complete the EasyConnect steps described above.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks RogersDave.

I'll do it tonight.

Note that the password you will set for your network will also be the password for the management interface:

Username: cusadmin

Password: same as WiFi password (Does this means default password as "password" [without quotes])

Thanks

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No.  The password that you set at that very first time that you log into the modem, using the easy connect setup screen that is presented, is the same password that will be used for the modem password and the wifi network password / passphrase.

Once that has been set, you can then log in using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1, and using the password that you just set.  Once you have logged back in, you can, at any time change the modem password and wifi passwords so that they are all different if that is what you prefer.

Thanks Datalink.

I'll setup the modem tonight.

8rain
I plan to stick around

Received my update this morning.  Have had mine running in bridge mode and happy to see that it was a seamless update with no issues so far.

Hi RogersDave,

I've connected to the RogersXXXX_EasyConnect and when i open the browser, there is no prompt to setup network name and password. Thus i cannot connect to ip 192.168.0.1

I've performed factory reset again and the result is still the same.

Please help. Is there any other method that i need to do?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Okay, when you start the browser, type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, no http, or www, just the IP address.

That should bring you to the easyconnect login page where you set the modem and wifi password (all in one).  When that has been done, the next time that you go to that same address, it will present the usual login page.

If you bring up a command prompt and type in:   ipconfig     look at the default gateway address, which should be 192.168.0.1.   That should confirm that the 192.168.0.1 address should be used for the login page. 

Hi Datalink and RogersDave,

I've successfully connected to the modem. (I'm using my cellphone and another laptop)

Turns out it was an issue on my first laptop. I've getting "proxy server refusing connections" (i'll check this laptop later) in case you you know this issue. please let me know. I'll google for the answer later tonight.

I'm so sorry for all the mistakes I made.

There is no issue on the modem in the first place 🙂

I'll provide feedback later on this new build. 

Thanks !!!

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No worries, its all good.  For the first laptop, drill down into the wifi adapter settings and check the TCP/IPv4 address setting.  It should be configured to "Obtain an IP address Automatically"  For the web browser itself, check the web browser proxy settings.  It should be set to "Use System Proxy Settings".

eyeeifmx
I plan to stick around

I'm not clear if this is a .21 issue specifically or with the modem.

Under Basic -> Connected Devices, I do not see all of my wireless connected devices listed.

As an example, I have a wireless camera and I had to guess what its IP address is so that I could log onto it.

zardoz99
I plan to stick around
I had this problem. It needed a factory reset before the output showed correctly. I don't know if it's being dynamically updated however.

eyeeifmx
I plan to stick around

@zardoz99 wrote:
I had this problem. It needed a factory reset before the output showed correctly. I don't know if it's being dynamically updated however.

I did do a factory reset 2 days ago, and just noticed the problem yesterday.

For some reason on the FF browser, I've set to "No Proxy" and chrome to "Automatic detect settings"

I'm now able to access to the internet.

So, far the modem is working good. Will see whether there is a disconnection after 5--7 days.

Thanks again for all the help!

Good afternoon Community,

We have been working behind the scenes on incorporating some of the feedback provided by all of you as part of this firmware trial program. At this point, we will be starting the deployment of the firmware 4.5.8.21 in production in the next couple of days.

We have also received the first iteration of the next firmware 4.5.8.22 which includes a fix for Chromecast and Bonjour issues. Aside from this fix, the firmware is identical to 4.5.8.21. All firmware trial participants will be receiving the new firmware in the next 24 hours.

In the next coming weeks, we will be receiving incremental builds of the 4.5.8.22 firmware which should include additional corrections for problems reported by the community.

Thanks to all for your participation in this program and keep the feedback coming!

Dave

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

Just came across a small issue with turning the individual radios on and off.  Seems that toggling either radio from on to off temporarily disconnects the other radio.  I tried this using two machines side by side. One on the 2.4Ghz band and the other on the 5Ghz band.  When I turned the radio off on the 2.4Ghz band, the other machine on the 5Ghz band momentarily lost association with the AP.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Got it here: 2016-06-21_15-47-02.png

12 06/21/16 14:37:55 69010100 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS
13 06/21/16 14:54:52 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC
14 06/21/16 15:14:40 69010400 error SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present
15 06/21/16 15:14:40 69010600 error SW upgrade Failed before download - TFTP Max Retry Exceeded
16 06/21/16 15:19:40 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC
17 06/21/16 15:26:50 69010100 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS
18 06/21/16 15:56:42 69011100 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS

Also I would like to complain about logging on to this Community it's such a pain....... and I visit a few Lithuim software based Communities without these issues. Smiley Frustrated

Daniel