External web site vs Internal Company Web site

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

External web site vs Internal Company Web site

https://bmo.taleo..... Applying on BMO website as an external candidate, I received a message which looked like a message for internal BMO staff. The job description read "This job description is in the process of being loaded into my hiring. Please proceed by completing this requisition and acquiring approval. Once your recruiter is assigned to this approval requisition, they will work with you to input the appropriate job description. Posted Jul 26 2015 Unposted August 7 2015 Is my home internet configured on a hosted web site that I'm not aware of. If so this is illegal and what recourse do I have, I'm not technical so how can the community help me determine this? When contacting BMO my email bounces back unacknowledged

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: External web site vs Internal Company Web site

Hi @gmcommunity,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand you're concerned your home Internet maybe configured on a hosted web site that you're not aware of and your email bounces back when you try to contact them. I haven't come across any cases of companies configuring someones internal network on any hosted sites. Based on the web address you started your message with, looks like BMO is using Taleo (Human resource management system) as their recruitment tool / online application. Have you tried contacting BMO or Taleo by phone? Have you tested the site from another location other than your network for confirmation?  

Maybe some of our Community members @Gdkitty, @OLDYELLR or @ShakTiburon may have some insight on your situation.

RogersArthur

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It sounds more like to me, that they just replied to you in error (meant to go to an internal one, but went to you)

The link may only be accessible via their internal network (can't access from outside)

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm thinking that the BMO website I direct too is on a hosted server and not truely BMOs authentic website and the recruitment link is forcing a bogus data base job descriptions, title, start and end, status etc (job specifications) to itemize.

Can a hosted server re-direct me to a cloned web sites mimicking BMOs? This would explain the manipulation of employment job descriptions,  continual blocking of applicant logging in credentials, spam emails received, jobs showing up as if I applied to them when in fact I didn't, differences with dates, things not being real time but one day lag as noted with rogers phone system VOIP, continual voice messaging and not true real time calls.

I've ruled out software and hardware tampering as I recently purchased new hardware, new software and have norton running and am changing my profile, user id for many websites I frequent. The BMO web site is one of many I'm having continual log in authentication and re-direct issues when applying for job postings.

What do I have available as resources to conduct an audit on the true IP addresses used and that the applicant workflow is not being tampered with? Can internet diagnostics be done. I know their is leakage of information,  pushed abusive advertising and com surrogate data pushing when conducting searches or visiting frequented web sites and relay switching.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Outbound email only - re-course is bounce/unacknowledged email? could it be server enforced?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not technical so I do not understand your response. What resources do I have available to 

1. Validate that my internet connection is not routing to a hosted server site. Cause the service seems like its being re-directed and interrupted. 

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @gmcommunity,

Thank you for your post. As far as looking to validate if your connection is being routed to a hosted server. You can maybe use either an antivirus software or an anti spyware software. However It's normal for many websites to redirect visitors from their own site to other sites and should the intent be malicious, an antivirus software or anti spyware software should reduce or prevent harm. Your Internet page being routed is known as URL forwarding, in the tech world this would be similar to using your phone to call a number and having the call re-directed to another number, similar to call forwarding. In some cases you can use an antivirus software to validate these sites and go as far as block the site you're being redirected to. Regarding host servers, they're mostly used for hosting web sites and can also be used for hosting files, images, games etc.  

For information on finding out why any websites are being redirected, it's always best to contact the company the site belongs to.

Hope this helps
RogersArthur

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With most browsers now they will mostly help with phishing in most ways.

Going to a webpage, the browser address bar will generally always show the true url regardless of what the fake link was.

If you don't know the URL, you could try doing a Whois lookup on it and see who does own the page.

When in doubt, don't trust it.

Beyond that, if you think it's any for of breach that an outside group got your info from BMO, etc, it is something you have to follow up with them.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

To clarify my post, I was stating, it could be a outbound server only. meaning it doesn't accept inbound traffic and when it does it sends a standard response. The server maybe set up for internal use so it doesn't assume an external source (you) can reach it.

If this is phishing, than you got different trouble on your hand, I definitely suggest @Gdkitty point, whois look up and if in doubt, don't trust it.

Have you contact BMO directly? via phone or in person? There is ususally a "contact us" section for recruitment (usually, not always.