cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling 2 Factor Authentication for Rogers Email and its Effect on Gmail Settings?

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

Because our primary email account is a gmail account I have it set up so that our family's rogers emails get "sent" to the gmail account so we never need to log into our Rogers email account.

The important settings are as follows:

Check mail from other accounts:

xxx@rogers.com (POP3)

AND

Send Mail as 

XX <xxx@rogers.com> 

Mail is sent through: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Secured connection on port 465 using SSL

Now for better security I am planning on setting up 2 FA on our rogers email account. If I do that will there be any impact on the email settings in gmail as shown above or will the rogers email still keep coming through as has "always" been the case?

Thanks for your experience.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Enabling 2 Factor Authentication for Rogers Email and its Effect on Gmail Settings?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All your doing is FORWARDing your Rogers.com email to your g-mail address. No security or login is needed and 2factor has no impact on this. Heck you could forward your rogers email to anyone even your uncle louie and it will still work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Enabling 2 Factor Authentication for Rogers Email and its Effect on Gmail Settings?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All your doing is FORWARDing your Rogers.com email to your g-mail address. No security or login is needed and 2factor has no impact on this. Heck you could forward your rogers email to anyone even your uncle louie and it will still work.

Re: Enabling 2 FA for Rogers email and its effect on gmail settings?

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

I just wanted to be sure if there would be any effect at all on the "forwarding". Thanks for the confirmation. 

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

As I said I rarely log into our Rogers email account. But I did jut now so as to setup 2 FA for it. But for the life of me I cannot see any tab or link re "Account Security" or the like.  What am I missing?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@21Rouge , as discussed in the following thread, Rogers/Yahoo don't have 2FA.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/2-Step-Verification-on-Rogers-Yahoo-Mail/m-p/451417#M...

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the link.

Incredible!

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation