Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

@57 wrote:

This thread is regarding the issue with POP.  I'm not sure if you are "allowed" to run POP from say a desktop and IMAP from a mobile (I only run a desktop).  You may need to use the appropriate IMAP settings for all your devices.

In an earlier post I wasn't sure if you could operate POP and IMAP on different devices. After some research, apparently you can, however, you may run into issues if you operate different devices, like say a desktop computer, an iPad and a cell phone.  With IMAP properly set up, the varies devices will be "in synch" and will all contain the same e-mails.  This requires a connection to work, but that connection should be available most times.

If one device is POP, then, although you may work "offline" on that device, the other devices may not synch properly, so if you delete an e-mail on one device, it may still be present on another.  Or, if not properly set up, if you download to a POP device with incorrect settings, the e-mails will not even be viewable on the other devices. The default settings on most e-mail clients (like Outlook) for POP will delete the e-mails on the Yahoo/Rogers server.

If you operate more than one device for e-mails, IMAP is recommended for all devices.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A few more items came to mind recently.

1. If your e-mails are no longer in your Yahoo in-box and you don't have them on one of your devices, perhaps you can find them in the Yahoo "Trash" folder. E-mails may be moved there and kept for a certain period of time, depending on your Yahoo settings.

2. If e-mails are on one device, but not another, you should be able to "forward" those e-mails so that you have them on the other device. Just remember not to "reply"  on the other device since you'll be replying to yourself on forwarded e-mails.

3. If the e-mails are not available anywhere, try contacting Yahoo as they may be able to "recover" them...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here. Outlook for Mac 2011/2016.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ykram057 wrote:

Same here. Outlook for Mac 2011/2016.

if you read through the thread..  double check your account settings.

if you only have username in there, change it to your full email address.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Try to use "legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com" as your Incoming mail server

Instead of "pop.broadband.rogers.com" 

p.s. I am using Outlook 2007

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, this works for me now.

Cheers

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't anything to work.  Maybe it's time to revert back to snail mail... does anyone know if stamps will be going on sale soon???!!!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BillyBob2000:

I assume you've added "@rogers.com" to your username?

Have you tried "pop.mail.yahoo.com" for the incoming server setting, instead of the rogers one?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/413...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I already had that in my username before.  I also tried pop.mail.yahoo.com, legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com, and switching to IMAP... although I'm not sure what server to use with that.  

Are the incoming and outgoing port nubmers 995 and 465?