Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

hi

getting certificate notification on my email account  xxxx@rogers.com.  Hoe do I fix it?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Today I was able to use Outlook again to connect  to my Rogers email account via POP 3 after I changed my user name to my full email address  (added @@rogers.com" as advised by Rogers Internet Tech Support). However, they could not help me get POP 3 to work again on my cell phone. The error message is “Unable to set up account. A security connection error occurred.” The cell phone option to ignore the lack of a valid security certificate did not help.

IMAP does work but I prefer POP as IMAP deletes messages from my PC when I delete them on my cell phone.

Internet Tech support then advised I contact Rogers Wireless Tech Support but they  too could not solve the problem.  I suspect the problem is with the Rogers Yahoo server POP 3 authentication (after all, IMAP authentication works).

Any assitance is appreciated.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Try the trick of using pop.mail.yahoo.com instead of pop.broadband.rogers.com, mentioned earlier in this thread.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I added @rogers.com to user name in error box of Windows Live mail stating password incorrect, and it all cleared!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thank you! I just spent an hour online with Rogers support and they couldn't help me. added the @rogers.com away it went. 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCilio wrote:

Good evening!

As you're all aware, there have been several users with Certificate errors with their POP clients. Yahoo implemented a Change management activity to move existing Post Office Protocol (POP) services to a new POP platform.

As result some clients older than 5 years may prompt the users to accept the new certificate. When users clicked Accept for the new certificate they received Certificate Not Valid error.

@there are some work arounds; Users can still receive their email by first logging into their webmail, then logging into the POP client. Also some users were able to resolve their issue by adding @rogers.com to their already existing username in the POP client settings.

We are investigating the problem with Yahoo Engineers and will update the Community once the issues are resolved.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding!

RogersCilio

Can you tell us Rogers users if our emails were hacked like what has been reported many times? 

Yahoo 'expected to confirm massive data breach', says Recode

https://www.grahamcluley.com/yahoo-expected-confirm-massive-data-breach-says-recode/

Yahoo confirms over a billion users hacked in new attack

http://bgr.com/2016/12/14/yahoo-hack-billion-users-attacked-december-2016/

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/14/yahoo-confirms-a-new-security-breach-affecting-1-billion-account...

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I figured out the fix for the Outlook certificate / recieving email issue.

In Outlook go into your account settings > more settings and make sure the login information > user name is your full email address. In the past it worked with only the name before the @ but it seems to require the full email address now. I fixed 3 computers this way.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I see now that I am not the first person to post this fix! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How fortunate we are to have this community forum and the smart people who use it and help others with their issues.

Where were Rogers techs?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@leprecaun28  You are so right.  I speak for myself - I started on this forum as someone who just wanted to tell Rogers about something that was going weird with a product that had been very stable.  I got thanked for it, yet nothing ever happened with it - Rogers rarely talked about it, but may of their staff have lots of different opinions, and so do we, but with the wisdom and expertise on this board, we put it all together and do a lot of research of the industry and often find the answers -  we sometimes call ourselves the unpaid beta testers and the provider of answers for suppor confusion between support and customers.

That issue never really did get resolved, but unfortunately, the product finally just died after months of saying how important it was for so many customers who used and depended upon it.

From there, I got involved in customer concern issues and how to work the system to your benefit and work your way calmly and effectively using the prescribed concern escalation system.

I then realized that I knew a lot after 24 years about Rogers in general, and decided to try and help others and  bring forward suggestions of what may be going on, hoping that maybe Rogers upper staff would take the advice (which by the way, is mostly silent to us), and if enough people began to say the same things, we began to get answers.

At a minimum, it provides a place to rant (just remember to follow the community rules - do read them and use them to your own advantage), and to see that you aren't the only one dealing with it.

And often many of us find the answers, long before Rogers technical, web development teams, networking engineers, etc find them, and long before they will admit it and act upon the recommendations that we put forward.

I find it save my sanity, and we do have so much to offer.  Glad to be of benefit, and I am sure I speak for many others who like to help and would love to just see people enjoying their services and not having to spend anormous amounts of times and effort to get what we a pay for.  As I often say, is that too much to ask for.

Unfortunately, this is a customer/user to customer/user forum, with a few residential experts in their own areas, and this is us the customers communicating to each other (RE's are users too), and the moderators who watch over the use of the board, communite some new things that come from Rogers (basically marketing), and pass information upwards, with a response back that they are working on it and be patient.

So yes, it is great that the board is here.  For all of us that actively just try to help, thank you for acknowledging the board and glad it provides assistance to you.

Bruce