Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Here's what I think happened (5 different possibilities)

1) You didn't even check your email while the cert was invalid.   And you already had your user name set up correctly, so after that user name change was made required by the system, you were just fine - WORKING FOR YOU NOW

2) You didn't even check your email while the cert was invalid.  But since Yahoo now requires the full user name including @rogers.com in the account field and you just had it set to your user name, you had problems.  But when you changed this, you were just fine - WORKING FOR YOU NOW

3) While the certificate was invalid, it prompted you to accept the invalid one, and you did NOT accept it.  And you already had your user name set up correctly, so after that was made required, you were just fine - WORKING FOR YOU NOW

4) While the certificate was invalid, it prompted you to accept the invalid one, and you did NOT accept it. But since Yahoo now requires the full user name including @rogers.com in the account field and you just had it set to your user name, you had problems.  But when you changed this, you were just fine - WORKING FOR YOU NOW

5) While the certificate was invalid, it prompted you to accept the invalid one, and you DID accept it.  This messed up your system.  Regardless of whether you set you user name or not, it's NOT WORKING FOR YOU NOW.  You must clear that messed up certificate somehow on your system or get it to accept the real one again.

I luckily did not accept the invalid cert while the good was invalid.  And my story was that I simply had to update my user name.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@mf152

I'm really not following your logic. I've been with Rogers for several years and my email setup hasn't been changed since Rogers changed POP and SMPT settings long ago. This just started for me yesterday right out of the blue, and I have not changed anything in my account settings.

Update:

@mf152

OK, I looked closer at my settings and added @rogers.com to my user name and it worked. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

Does anyone know if Rogers advised anyone of this change, or are we all shooting in the dark? I haven't seen anything from Rogers myself.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

good working now ...full username implemented 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks mf152. Error has been resolved. It was possibility #4. Account name needed to be updated.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Follow my instructions - go to the "Acount Information" tab, not the Server settings tab. Change the user name.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Apparently, before my time here, full email address was not required and worked just fine. All of the documents for email setup at rogers.com/support state to use the full email address. Before it used to work for most with just the first part and pop programs would automatically cutoff the @rogers.com part. With the new security measures on the new server platform, the full email is now required. If you continue to get a loop error that the server has rejected your user name or password, please test your password at mail.rogers.com or refresh it at rogershelp.ca/reset. Don't hesitate to call if unresolved and a ticket will be escalated on your behalf (1-855-381-7839).

Update: As of June 01, 2017, the direct website to change the Rogers email password is rogersmembercentre.com/change/

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The solution that worked for me was to change the POP server from pop.broadband.rogers.com to pop.mail.yahoo.com.  Doing this fixed all issues. 

Hope it helps.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Still getting certificate issues. Trying to retrieve Rogers email from my Gmail account using POP3. Tried both just the username and by adding "@rogers.com" with the same result. My password is good, I can login at mail.rogers.com.

I am guessing the certificate need to be updated on the Google server?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

daiglem wrote:

Still getting certificate issues. Trying to retrieve Rogers email from my Gmail account using POP3. Tried both just the username and by adding "@rogers.com" with the same result. My password is good, I can login at mail.rogers.com.

I am guessing the certificate need to be updated on the Google server?

Logon to rogers webmail and forward your email to your gmail account.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, zome2. This worked for me, using Apple Mail on my iMac. By changing "pop.broadband.rogers.com" to "pop.mail.yahoo.com" I was able to add the "@rogers.com" to my user name. (Changing the user name was not possible with the previous server setting.)

modified.jpg