Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Same in Wasaga Beach with Outlook 2007.

When will this be rectified?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For Outlook 2007 Tools - Account Settings - for each email address listed, hit "Change...", then under

Login Information

User Name:  here's where you add @rogers.com to your name, e.g. user@rogers.com, whereas before it was just "user"

Password:  same as before

Hit Next - then Finish.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

But no replies from Rogers why? @RogersMargaret @RogersMoin

Smiley Mad

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Was two problems - first they messed the certificate up, then after that was fixed, the new requirement for full user name including @rogers.com became necessary.  I've no clue whether they will make it work without that.  Thanks though for whomever discovered that!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Never astounds me how often a change in coding for an interface gets changed, and then no one ever tells the customer.  We often figure it out on our own.

Not just rogers is guilty of this.  It is what happens when we hire lesser quality or trained programmers, and teams to work on changes of any type, then save money by not carrying out communication to users.

Most companies, they call these "bug fixes" and we at least have a general idea what is going on.

The issue of the email will be yahoo, not sure who the certificate issue belongs to.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Using Apple Mail on my iMac, my original User Name (without the "@rogers.com") only appears under "Incoming Mail Server (POP)" [in Preferences > Accounts > Server Settings]. If I try to add the "@rogers.com", I get an error message. In other words, I cannot reconnect to the server if that requires changing my User Name.

Incoming Mail Server.jpgCannot change user name.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good evening!

As you're all aware, there have been several users with Certificate errors with their POP clients. Yahoo implemented a Change management activity to move existing Post Office Protocol (POP) services to a new POP platform.

As result some clients older than 5 years may prompt the users to accept the new certificate. When users clicked Accept for the new certificate they received Certificate Not Valid error.

There are some work arounds; Users can still receive their email by first logging into their webmail, then logging into the POP client. Also some users were able to resolve their issue by adding @rogers.com to their already existing username in the POP client settings.

We are investigating the problem with Yahoo Engineers and will update the Community once the issues are resolved.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding!

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was getting the POP Certificate error all day Wednesday. As of Thursday I get the following error:

Task 'xxxxx@rogers.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR Server error - Please try again later. [SYS/TEMP]'

I was told by help desk that the problem is that Yahoo is not accepting any clients using POP and that they are working on resolving this.

Still not working today. Any idea when this will be fixed?

I use Outlook 2013 on Windows 10.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is someone @ Rogers or Yahoo or anyone fixing this irritant soon?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I've been getting the same problem now for 2 straight days. I can send a message, but cannot receive any.