Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Email POP Certificate not valid anymore pop.broadband.rogers.com

I'm having this same problem between my iDevices and my home desktop (in London, Ont).

My iPad gave the certificate error at home this morning (and last night), but my iPhone worked.  My desktop (Outlook 365) and my wife's (Outlook 2010) are still giving certificate errors this morning.

But, when I get to work, my iPad works! (and my iPhone still does too).  It's kinda random.  Yesterday, for a bit in the afternoon, my iPad got the certificate error at work, but then, by about 4:30 it worked again.

How can that happen if it's the same certificate at Rogers end?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kuhnberg wrote:

@edit: I just added @rogers.com to my user name (as mentioned above by DaDDz) and all seems good for now.

@I did the same thing (adding @rogers.com to my username under Outlook preferences) and after pressing "continue" in the error popup, my e-mails downloaded. Thanks for the tip.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

That worked for me as well.  Much appreciated.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I changed login by adding @rogers.com and mail is working again. Thanks everyone
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't get email through macbook mail - fortunately can get it through rogers.yahoo.  Any updates?  I see a lot of people have the same issue.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if it works for mac users, but I edited my login in name on my computer, and on my wife's computer by adding @rogers.com to our user names and now both emails work fine.    Originally our user names only had our names without the @rogers.com

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

That worked for me as well

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

....and for me (thanks)!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Worked for me too. I am using Outlook 2010 (about to switch to Outlook 2016). Go to File, accounting settings. Double click on your email account (i.e. name@rogers.com). Under "Logon information", where it says user name, add @rogers.com after your name. Click Next, a test email will be sent, click Close and Finish.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had it up and going yesterday for 20 mins and its been down since. When can we expect rogers to have this problem resolved?