Email Deactivated

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristamaureen
I've Been Here Awhile

Email Deactivated

I had the Rogers Tech in yesterday to set up my Phone and Internet.  I switched over after 15 years with Bell due to the price I was offered.

Everything went okay, with the exception of the fact that after helping me set up my email in Outlook, I got to send 1 single email before my password wouldn't work, and we discovered for no reason known to use the email account was mysteriously "deactivated".  The Tech couldn't assist me and left me with the instructions to call Tech support.   Called Tech Support, but no one there can tell me why my account was basically deactivated before I hardly even started with Rogers... and I'm now being told that I have to wait up to 48 hours for them to sort it out?

This really seems like a long time to fix something as simple as a locked out email account.  I'm wondering if I should have stayed with Bell because the one time I got locked out of my email, they were able to fix it on the phone...I am worried what kind of turn around time I'm going to get from Rogers if it takes 48hrs to unlock and email account. 

I would really love an explanation of how this happened and when it will be fixed.  

**Edited Labels**

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Email Deactivated

@kristamaureen

Good evening, what is the domain of the email in question? (Example: @yahoo, @gmail)

RogersDarrell

kristamaureen
I've Been Here Awhile

I was trying to set up my new email account as XXXX@rogers.com

The tech who was doing my install  called and got my registration code and registration ID. 

It worked for about 10 minutes. I was able to send 1 email and I also got a confirmation email from Rogers.  Then it stopped working, and when I went to the yahoo page since it was no longer working in Outlook, I got a message saying my email account had been deactivated.  

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kristamaureen

I've edited your post to protect your security.

Please send a PM (Private Message) to @CommunityHelps so we can take a deeper look into the account.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell