ERROR code 0x800cccd2 using IMAP and File storage protocol inquiry

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

ERROR code 0x800cccd2 using IMAP and File storage protocol inquiry

I recently switched to IMAP and constantly get this error. The old POP3 account has been removed. Otherwise email seems to work fine! Any ideas out there? Thanks Edward

SERVER UNEXPECTANTLY TERMINATED CONNECTION

SERVERBUG] UID STORE Server error - Please try again later

Configuration:

Account: Rogers imap xxxxxxx@rogers.com

Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

User name: xxxxxxx@rogers.com

Protocol: IMAP

Port: 993

Secure(SSL): 1

Code: 800cccd2

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ERROR code 0x800cccd2 using IMAP and File storage protocol inquiry

I recently switched to IMAP protocol. Where can I find an explanation of all the new files and what goes in them and when. Under POP3 it was quite simple! Many thanks for any help. Edward Blake

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @ironside1

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Are you looking for the difference between IMAP and POP3 or do you mean something different?

@Gdkitty and @robindp may be able to give you some assistance!

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Shakir

Not sure if I replied to your post. I am looking for the definition of when and what messages IMAP protocol puts in each of the multiple storage accounts under the INBOX. For example there are two DELETE, a TRASH file etc. Google search gives a good definition of the differences between POP3 and IMAP.

Thanks for any help or direction,

Cheers

Edward Blake

I Plan to Stick Around

where can I find a write up on which email messages go to the mailboxes on Dell PC Windows Live Mail and IPad Mini 2 MAIL? Also what happens on the other unit when you DELETE, SEND, MOVE TO FILE on one of the units?

With thanks,

Edward Blake

Good evening @ironside1,

Thank you for your post!

Are you certain you have successfully set up you IMAP emails on each device?

Please take a look at this post, for the settings on Apple devices, such as your iPad Mini 2.

As per Yahoo Mail's website, IMAP is the best way to connect your account to a mail client or mobile app.

It allows 2-way syncing, which means everything you do remotely is reflected in your Yahoo Mail account no matter where or how you access it.

Have you thought of maybe downloading an application, such as Outlook, to manage your emails if you are having issues with your folders?

Looking forward to your reply! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Maude. I will check out those links for mailbox management information. I still get error message mentioned on Dell PC (several times a session) but not on tablet (Ipad mini 2)! Old POP accounts have been deleted.

Cheers

Edward