Duplicate incoming emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Duplicate incoming emails

In the last 3 weeks, every time someone sends an email to my rogers.com address, it is received in my Outlook inbox twice. I've not changed any settings and it was working fine previously. Any idea why I'm receiving duplicate messages and how I can prevent the duplicate?

Highlighted

Re: Duplicate incoming emails

Hello, @lewisli

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post, what version of Outlook are you using? Have you made any changes to your computer, like adding a new Anti-virus software etc.?

Do you have any other email accounts configured in your Outlook besides rogers.com email account?

Thank you for your patience, please update us.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your response. I am currently running Outlook 2007. I have not made any changes to anti-virus software though I did accept a Norton-related add-in/on but I'm sure that this was after the duplicate rogers.com emails started arriving in my Outlook inbox.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have one other email account (my primary account) that deposits to my Outlook inbox, but my domain provider has already trouble-shooted and confirmed that the rogers.com messages are not routing in any way via my domain server (demonstrated proof).

Highlighted

Hello, @lewisli

Thank you for your replies. For the testing purpose, is it possible to disable that Norton add-on and try receiving your rogers.com email. Let us know if it still duplicates, thank you.

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ummm....

I don't really know how to disable the Norton add-on (or find the one to disable).

And, it was added (Nov) after the duplicate emails were being received (Oct) so there cannot be a connection.

Highlighted

Hello, @lewisli

I appreciate your patience, please follow the link to this Outlook support page and see if it helps.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Without Any action my emails are duplicated. restarting Outlook, I am receiving the third copy of my last hundreds of emails.

Again Rogers is killing us. Will be this problem solved and the damages paid by Rogers?

HELP !!!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

K i might be missing something but what damages are you speaking of ? that you figure rogers should pay for

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emilso1 wrote:

Without Any action my emails are duplicated. restarting Outlook, I am receiving the third copy of my last hundreds of emails.

This has happened to several people who utilize Outlook over the years.  I've seen it about once a year myself for the past 3-4 years.  It's due to some "miscommunication" between Outlook and the server.  It did not start due to the recent Rogers changes, as it's been happening for a while.

The workaround is to always minimize the number of e-mails that are in your inbox on the server in Webmail. I move all e-mails to folders I create on the server in Webmail and those e-mails are not "duplicated" when a download "goes bad". I leave one e-mail in the inbox to avoid the "spam video" that plays if you don't have any e-mails in the inbox.