Do I need to exchange my modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do I need to exchange my modem?

I decide to upgrade my internet package for more monthly data. The on-line rep told me I needed to bring in my current modem, which I own. It is a CGN2-ROG. I bridged it a few years ago to use my own wireless router.

Do I really need to exchange my modem?

Geri

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Do I need to exchange my modem?

@gpoisson, I would say no, you don't, since you own it.  However, realistically, once its pulled off of the network, you probably will never ever be able to reconnect it as it's only an 8 channel modem.  I would be very surprised to see any 8 channel modems allowed back on the network for Rogers customers.  TPIA customers, maybe, Rogers customers, no.   So, after many years of faithful service, giving you your money's worth, its destined for the electronic s_c_r_a_p heap.  On the other hand, if you happen to have need for a door stop, that might fit the bill, giving you many more years of faithful service.  You might be able to sell it on Ebay, but, I don't know of any ISP that still allows or uses that modem on its network.  That might just be a matter of a little research. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As all new plans include the modem rental in the plan cost.. there is no separate rental fee, etc.

You will get a new modem for your new plan.
Which as Datalink said, will be a larger channel modem (32+ vs 8 on yours).

You are free then to bridge it, just like the other.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much.

Now to pick an new ISP...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much!
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation