cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay In Rogers Email Delivery

andynaudi
I've been here awhile

Recently I am seeing several emails which are delayed over a day or so. I'm still seeing regular emails but some just don't get through in a timely manner. The delayed are coming from different emails and providers. A few days ago there was an email chain with a dozen colleagues going back and forth and when a saw a reply to an email that I didn't receive the previous I asked the person to let me know what happens. It took a couple of days but she finally received this message "There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "RE: Re: Michael knocked another one out"] to myname@rogers.com. It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again. "

I have had the same email account for many years and not sure what to do. The delay in some emails simply doesn't work for me as many are time sensitive. I don't really want to go to a different email account.

TIA

***Edited Labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Delay In Rogers Email Delivery

RogersMoin

Hello, @anynaudi.

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your email concerns with the Community. 

Delays in emails send/receive can be quite inconvenient. We'd look into finding a solution for you; please answer the following: 

• Are you experiencing delays in both sending and receiving?
  • What Operating System and email client are you using?
  • Are you using POP or IMAP?
  • Are you using an App Password?
  • Do you check email on more than one device?
  • Have you tried the webmail to see if sending/receiving happens instantaneously?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

as2552
I've been here awhile

Hello, I am experience the same problem as described in the above post. In response to your questions:

- There is a long delay when receiving emails , but not when sending emails

- I am running Windows 10 and using Outlook 2016

- I am using POP/SMTP

- I don't know if I am using an APP password

- I only check email on this computer

- Webmail works fine without any delays.

Also, when I click on Send/Receive All Folders, the delayed messages appear in my inbox.

Any ideas as to how I should proceed? Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@as2552 wrote:

..when I click on Send/Receive All Folders, the delayed messages appear in my inbox.

If the e-mails are working properly in Webmail, then there is perhaps some sort of configuration issue with Outlook.

If the mail come right away when you click send/receive, then again, all is working fine.

When you originally launch Outlook, does it communicate properly with the web - you should see a status bar with Outlook sending/receiving messages, or get an error message if it doesn't.

You can configure the timing for Outlook to "send/receive" for each of your accounts under "preferences/accounts/advanced" or something similar (I use Outlook on my Mac).

Here's a link for App PW, Outlook settings, etc:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

as2552
I've been here awhile

Excellent! I was able to re-set the timing for incoming mail. All else was working fine.

Thanks very much for your help. Take care.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

I sent an email to my wife's Rogers email account and it did not arrive. I sent an email from her account to my account and it did arrive.  My emails to her still have not arrived and it has been over 30 minutes.

To check if the email site is down, (eg.  isitdownrightnow.com)  which URL or domain name do you use to check?

Is it the incoming or outgoing server?  

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@User14 wrote:

I sent an email to my wife's Rogers email account and it did not arrive. I sent an email from her account to my account and it did arrive.  My emails to her still have not arrived and it has been over 30 minutes.

To check if the email site is down, (eg.  isitdownrightnow.com)  which URL or domain name do you use to check?

Is it the incoming or outgoing server?  

First of all check that it did not get redirected to "junk mail".

That could happen in two places... the Rogers server... or in her email client on her device.

To check rogers, she would have to log in to her account via a browser to rogers.yahoo.com, and check whats in the "SPAM" folder.  

To check her own client, it depends on the device and the client. 

OUTLOOK, for example, can filter stuff to a "Junk e-Mail" folder.

Sometimes, the logic that is used for filtering is not exactly clear, and it WILL lose valid emails.  When you log in and find them in the "spam" folder, you can mark them as "not spam".

And don't ignore the possibility of a virus... if you have accidentally attached a virus, it may be getting rejected.

remmao
I've been around

e-mails including from my own rogers email to my rogers email take 3-4 minutes on average to receive. help?

Greetings @remmao!

It isn't unusual for an email to take a couple of minutes to arrive. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@remmao  Please expand upon how you are sending and receiving e-mails. Are you using a device like a cell phone or a tablet?  Which app are you using?  Are you using a computer?  Which app?

Have you tested this from Webmail?  I find that e-mails are delayed by very little, mostly arriving and sending within seconds. If this doesn't happen for you, and you are using a device/app, the delay might be created by a delay in the app or device with synching.  This can sometimes be checked by clicking on the "refresh/synch" or whatever button applies within the app.  This should then "fetch" or "send" the e-mail right away.  Do a test using Webmail.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation