Degradation in upload speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Degradation in upload speed

Been hitting up a bunch of user groups and the most popular rumor, that I cannot confirm nor deny, is some sort of fire in NYC has damaged a trunk line causing all this upload/download shenanigans. 

eta? Who knows. I hear Monday (tomorrow)...but.....I'm not Aquaman soooooooo....

Guess we'll just keep posting our results as they improve or degrade.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I'm not sure what user groups you were referring to but a search on the local NY media regarding a fire of this type turns up nothing. Also had a friend of mine do a speed test on Bell and didn't have any issues. I went a step further and had a family member in Phoenix AZ on Comcast so an upload test and all good. I was told by Roger Tech support all Providers in North America were affected. Fake news? Not sure but I'm getting suspicious of this being a NA problem.
I've Been Here Awhile

i mean i dont really believe it, but it would be nice if it was true because wed probably have a fix.

The last tech support i spoke with told me to try getting a better ethernet cable, "the ones we give you aren't very good" like ya ok for one maybe you should give us better stuff for the money you charge us and thats not the problem because it wasnt a problem 2 weeks ago. Second thing he told me "upgrade to the next tier of our service, you will get better upload, here at rogers our main concern is Download so you might not get the best upload speeds all the time".  like get real buddy. where else could you go and pay for a service and only get half that service and that service provider thinks thats ok....   this company is a joke.  

my buddy from work lives like 10 minutes from me, and he speed tested a bunch of times the other night for me, and had zero issues. I have my doubts on the fire thing. 

Curious how many people here are concern about their upload because of streaming to twitch?

It has to come down to throttling twitch users or just congested usage in specific areas/bad equipment in those areas

I'm Here A Lot

I've been having issues too, for the last few days.  im on 60/10 and during peek times upload goes down to 1mbit or so. but while im at work, I do speed tests and they are back to normal 10mbit.

i've reported it, and they said they would take it up to 2nd level support. but I haven't heard back since Wednesday night.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I get the Twitch thing because it's very popular these days but this issue has nothing to do with them or their service. I've been with Rogers Internet many years with solid Internet both upload and download. I have had very little issues with Rogers services. This fire thing pisses me off because there is no verifiable information on this fire causing this disruption. You would think somewhere it would appear in the local NY media if this is true. Also, a ping and speed test to the Rogers server in Toronto from my location in Barrie should return better results because it is local. Why would my upload test results go through NY when performing a ping/speed test in Toronto 58 km away. Fishy! Also, the Customer that was told by Rogers Tech support it is their ethernet cable is false. I was told this last weekend and replaced my cable to be sure that wasn't the cause. Guess what? Same issue here as of 10:00 pm June 10/18. Will someone from Rogers answer or comment on this issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

Speed test_LI.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

Download affected now as well!!!
I'm Here A Lot

Here is my results from the last few days. download is fine, just upload at nightspeedtest.PNG

I Plan to Stick Around

By London. upload has been poor starting around last Thursday, 0.2-0.4Mbps. That low, doesn't take much to saturate the upstream. Can have 1Gbps download speed, but if the upstream gets saturated, you're downloading nothing! 

Only wished I checked the forums before resetting all my network equipment... v0v

I Plan to Stick Around

Midland, Ont.
Its 8 am and on my 1gig plan im st 640mb down and 32m upload! Usually by this time its down to 1.7mbs for the upload.
I'll keep running tests during the day to verify!
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats