Degradation in upload speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Degradation in upload speed

Had a tech out. Apparently nothing is wrong with the modem or lines in my house. He replaced a bunch of connections but determined it wasn't anything on my end. Called in Maintenance to look at the output in the area as it may be a usage issue.

Frustrating. Still no fix. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine's back to normal now.  500-600 down and 20 up.  Looks like my package is obsolete now that the only choices are 150m or 1G.  Have to see what I can negotiate for the 1G package?

@DaDDz wrote:

Saw the same issue with my 500/20 package, down to 250/2 past couple days.  Called in and was told a manhole fire in GTA somewhere damaged a main fibre line.  Working on it and hoped to be fixed by tonight?

I Plan to Stick Around

Glad its starting to get resolved for people. I'm in London Ontario and still having problems. 200 Down but only 2.5 up.   At least I can still watch some streams and stuff with no problems. Hopefully this is a good sign it gets resolved soon

I Plan to Stick Around

Not likely,

Midland, Ontario here and it's still sucking.

1gig package getting 500mb down and 4 meg up. It's usually in the 30's (upload) no matter what but since Feb, the download has dipped to half and upload to a 10th. No fixy fixy here yet. Been ove a week since i streamed.

I Plan to Stick Around

St Thomas, Ontario here. Getting 200down 3up on my 500down 20up package with horrible latency to even the closest servers.
I've Been Around

Guelph, Ontario here. Have 250u plan but getting  10 down 6 up its horrible situation

I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke to soon, mine's back to 200D/2U in London.  Obviously still working on repairs.

@DaDDz wrote:

Mine's back to normal now.  500-600 down and 20 up.  Looks like my package is obsolete now that the only choices are 150m or 1G.  Have to see what I can negotiate for the 1G package?

@DaDDz wrote:

Saw the same issue with my 500/20 package, down to 250/2 past couple days.  Called in and was told a manhole fire in GTA somewhere damaged a main fibre line.  Working on it and hoped to be fixed by tonight?

I've Been Around

Same issue here in Brampton for about 2-3 weeks. I have the CODA 4582 on the Ignite 150u.
Download speed (190-200mbps) has been sticking around and cooperating but the upload of usually 14 has sunk to < 1mbps. Technician came by to replace cables, upload speed went up until about noon and then dissipated again. I've had help with live chat (rebooting, checking speeds, reinstall firmware - I'm on [2.0.10.34T6] by the way) and now I have a ticket, waiting for results.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone with Rogers and was told a fire in a NY City electrical vault is the cause. A main fibre cut/burn is the issue. Not sure if I buy that response. I did notice another customer on here was told a fire in TO electrical vault was to blame. My download has been solid at 200 megabits but upload 2.5 to 3.09 for the last week or so. Not happy that there is no ETA on a repair. If the problem is in NY like I was told this is disturbing to hear. I cannot understand in this day and age we would not re-route Internet traffic to bypass such a disruption. I also noticed no Rogers Employees responding in this forum with updates?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had terrible ping and upload speeds for the past week or so at two different Toronto locations - one business, one home.

Pings are all over the map but even the ping to my first hop has increased from 10 to 30ms.

Upload also varies - sometimes the 20 I should get, other times 5, or even 1 or 2.

I only hope that this is some temporary problem that will get resolved.

I called Level 2 tech and they didn't seem to know anything about it. 

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats