Degradation in upload speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Degradation in upload speed

did you ever figure this out mines doing the samething 

did you ever get this fixed its the same for me

Hello, @MATTBON.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate you joining this conversation and sharing your upload speed experience. We can certainly help troubleshoot the issue for you. 

We need more details to diagnose the issue; please answer the following:

• What is your Internet plan?
  • What is the upload speed are you getting?
  • Is the upload speed low only at a specific time of the day?
  • Are you testing the speed on a wired connection?

Also, if you if you can log into the modem; navigate to Status/DOCSIS WAN and post the Downstream, Upstream and OFDM sections so that we can examine the signal levels.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

For the last couple of months my upload has been less than a thrid of what is advertised. I need to be getting more as I've acquired a linux server that needs to be able to upload upwards of 100gb a day. As it stands it's generating more data than it can upload meaning I keep running out of hard drive space.

Package: IGNITE INTERNET GIGABIT ULTD (1000 down / 30 up was advertised iirc)

Currently Getting: ~1000 down / 5-7 up
Times: All hours of the day (tested at 6am, 12pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am)

Connection: Wired
Devices on network: 1 windows desktop, 1 smartphone, 1 linux server

docsys.png

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lyezech how are you testing the download / upload rates?  Is that with a windows pc using the www.speedtest.net servers?  If so, try running the speedtests with your linux box.  I suspect you will find that the linux box results will show the internet plan speeds that you're signed up for.  I've noticed, since the end of November that my speedtest results out of Ottawa run in the 500 to 600 Mb/s range, using a Windows 10 pc.  Boot with the Ubuntu demo, and I'll see 930 to 950 Mb/s down, 30 to 32 Mb/s up.   So, something is amiss with the speedtest results, most likely due to the HTTPS testing.  

Now, thats not to say that you might have an issue with signal levels or neighborhood node congestion.  Can you log into the modem, navigate to the DOCSIS WAN tab, copy the Downstream Overview table, all the way to the bottom right hand corner of the table and paste that into a post.  The table will copy and paste just like any other document.  That will let me check for any abnormal signal conditions.  You could also call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep to run a signal check on the modem.  If you do that, advise the Rep of the upload rates that you're seeing.  If the signal check doesn't pass, the CSR should arrange a tech visit at your convenience. 

With regards to the server, you might want to check the terms of use for your account.  I don't know if Rogers allows residential customers to run a server thru their service.  Perhaps one of the mods at @CommunityHelps can chime in on this one.  @RogersMoin @RogersCorey @RogersAndy can any of you comment on this?

@Lyezech you might have to consider switching to a business account, just thinking aloud here ....

@Datalink - I concur with your observation. Operating/hosting a server on a residential service is prohibited. More info about this can be found in Rogers Terms of Service under headings - Prohibited Activities and Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitations. 

@Lyezech - Thank you for joining Rogers Community Forums and for posting your concern. You can get in touch with a small business sales representative at 1-888-873-1488 to discuss hosting a server. 

If you wish to bypass your server and continue troubleshooting, feel free to respond to the queries raised by @Datalink in his response. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Is anyone experiencing slow upload speed in Oshawa?

Hello @gtindale,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how much of a struggle it can be to enjoy your Internet service when your Upload speeds are degraded especially if you are a gamer or rely on steady Upload speeds.

We have not been advised of any area issues in Oshawa that could be causing slow speeds.

• When did you first notice the slow speeds?
  • Have there been any changes on your end with regards to your setup or any new equipment since noticing this issue?
  • Is your primary method of connection via Ethernet or WiFi and do all devices seem to be affected?

Can you provide the results of a speed test done via speedtest.net preferably done using an Ethernet connection but if only WiFi is available please ensure you are connected to the 5G network before starting the test. Ideally, there should be no other devices using the Internet at the time the test is run for the most accurate results.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony