Degradation in upload speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Degradation in upload speed

I solved it. Gigabit Fibe Internet being installed today. 

By the way I have had private messages with other people in my area that have the exact same issue. Yet Rogers thinks its acceptable to keep putting us through the ringer with their tech support loop. Hours on the phone followed up by hours accommodating a technician to come over and tell us the same thing.

Grotesque lack of respect for their customers. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I messaged stueynet, and it turns out we live around the same area, and happen to have the exact same issues.

I've spent hours on the phone, had exactly 4 different technicians come in (two of which re-visited multiple times), and even had my coax house line replaced (because they were sure it was me).

After submitting a CCTS complaint, the compensation was 2 months credit (as the case manager said that the issue would surely be resolved by the end of December). They then tried to mark the complaint as resolved. I asked the CCTS if this counts as a resolution, and they told me that if a reasonable amount of time has been given to resolve the problem, and the service problem is still present, the complaint cannot be considered resolved.

The senior technician that I am contacting through mobile phone has visited my house, seen the issue while using his own equipment (he tested 3 different modems for some reason). He left to check the node with his maintenance colleague, and found absolutely nothing.

After following up, this was what I was told: "whenever it happens again, the only way to test is for maintenance to be onsite"

So basically, there is no way this issue is going to be resolved. It has been MONTHS since the issue was first reported (by multiple users in the area), and they don't have A SINGLE CLUE as to what's causing the service issue. Take in the sheer level of incompetency this company has shown.

I gave Rogers every opportunity to make things right, and it seems they just don't care and hope I will forget about it.

The CCTS representative told me that, whether I decide to go with another provider or not, I still have every right to pursue an escalation on the CCTS case. So I proceeded to escalate the CCTS complaint. I will keep pursuing this case, not necessarily for me, but for others getting shafted as well, at the expense of Rogers.

As stueynet mentioned, the blatant disregard for customer service is absolutely ridiculous.

I Plan to Stick Around

EDIT: The senior technician did see the issue at the tap when testing, but the maintenance team could not catch it in time

Hello @dtx1!

It sounds like you've gone through the ringer and back again to get this issue resolved. I would like to take a look into the history of this issue and see what can be done about putting in a permanent solution for you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I can further investigate on your behalf. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

I've sent a PM.

Hello, @dtx1.

We have responded to your PM; we will look into your account and keep you apprised. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Extremely slow upload - CODA-4582

Hello, for the past week or so my upload speed has been under 5mbps. I work from home and stream on Twitch and I'm completely unable to do either anymore, packet loss on testing connections to work and Twitch is consistently near 100%. I was on Ignite 150, upgraded to Gigabit and while the download speed is as advertised, the upload is just as slow as it was on Ignite.

Hey @tandrew,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Very Happy

As a streamer myself I wholeheartedly appreciate the concern! A consistent upload speed is certainly important, be it for Twitch, YouTube Gaming or other. I'll be happy to assist and identify what's going on for you. Feel free to send us a DM @CommunityHelps. If you are not familiar with our private messaging system you can check out our Blog

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

Good evening,

I'm posting here in regards to my internet connection and I would like other people to weigh in with information if they have similar issues and or solutions.

Package:

500down/20up - $90+

Inconstancy:

300-400down/3-5up max

Sometimes on speedtest.net I get 10up which I test out on my streaming service to see if the connection stays consistent.. it's unstable within a minute.

Previous attempts to fix my internet connection:

-I live in a 6plex (all different connections with coax cables, but through the same hardware)

-I took matters to my own hands and tried buying an amplifier to lower my dBmV, which fixed it, but internet stayed poor

-Switched internet service providers (3 times), in which, no techs ever came out to take a look

-Switched to Rogers, in which I voiced my problems and I've had two tech visits since (they removed the amplifier and added attenuators to fix the levels)

-Subtrade tech mentioned all cables within my apartment are fine and he had access to the main box in the basement which he stated looked fine. He also mentioned a senior tech would come out to fix something outside, but I never saw him/her - I called rogers in that regard in which they stated someone did come out and did something.

-Internet was still poor, called rogers again, switched my modem and issues still persist.

It's really an unfortunate situation as I do stream or try to stream when I am gaming, but I end up dropping frames as soon as I hit go "live". The times I do push through the dropped frames for more than an hour and read (50k frames dropped) really diminishes the quality of the stream . I've tried everything so far, but I really believe this issue has something to do with the outside lines rather than inside.

If anyone has any ideas or tips in order to help fix this situation I'd really appreciate it Smiley Happy

Thanks,
bteedubs

Hello, @bteedubs.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your detailed post. Consistent upload speed is vital for gaming and streaming. Getting such a low and inconsistent upload speed indicates issues with the upstream channels. 

We can help diagnose the issue for you, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin