Degradation in upload speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Degradation in upload speed

Well, an Internet search of local NY media and scouring other Tech forums turn up nothing on this issue or a fire in NY as the cause. ElecrticaI vault fires get reported all of the time because they cause more then an Internet outage. The first Roger's Tech told me it was a fire in TO. Nothing reported as of today. I was told by Roger's this was affecting all Providers in North America. This is not the case. I have friends on Bell and in the US and reached out to them to see if they too were experiencing this problem. They are not. Also why would a speed test to a local Roger's server be routed through New York City? I don't buy it! Sorry, but this is now getting frustrating and no comment from the Company.
I Plan to Stick Around

Midland,Ontario

I just finished one of my first streams on Twitch in over 2 weeks and its still hanging at 32 megs upload!!  I will continue to monitor the situation  but so far so good.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.  Keep them speed reports rolling in though.

I Plan to Stick Around

Its noon o'clock in Barrie and upload has returned to normal. However, this issue is noticed mostly late afternoon. I'll keep checking!
I've Been Here Awhile

perhaps we should have started a new thread instead of hijacking a thread marked as solved, i dont know if that gets us any more from rogers, they have commented here but no real explanation. i was told by them monday it was being looked into in my area and to give it two days. I also asked how they were going to make up for the fact i havent been getting what i pay for, they gave me a 14 day credit on my internet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Upload seems solved but my downloads are still poor for 500u internet (500/20)

I Plan to Stick Around

Speed test2_LI.jpgWell, this is starting to look promising. I've been monitoring the speeds all day here in Barrie and so far so good today. At 5:08 PM 6/13/18 my connection is once again solid and a return to normal. I will test again later this evening.

I Plan to Stick Around

London here. Normally at this time, 5:15pm, upload has been around 1-3 mbps the past few weeks. It's now what I'm supposed to get, 15mbps. Let's hope the problem has been solved!

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like my latency (and in-turn speeds) has returned to normal ever since 2am last night.

I Plan to Stick Around

Firmware got rolled back as well but still 200D 2U here.
I'm Here A Lot

Looks like my upload is back to normal now 10u.

tech was just here for nothing I guess. since it wasn't a line issue.

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats