Yep I have had issues since almost the beginning of the year I kept getting told that it was an issue on my end despite every speed test being done hardwired directly to the modem, however finally after talking on the forums, I talked to 2 rogers techs and one said there was no issue and the other saw my issue and has opened up a ticket however we keep getting emails saying "We're sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this." I have lost faith in Rogers at this point but they are the only option in our area for ok speeds
I've been reading this post since I recently started having issues with my Upload speeds. I have Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited. A few times a day my Upload will stop working for a few minutes. Download is fine. I've noticed this since I am often on video or audio calls on my computer and my colleagues will tell me they can't hear me or I am frozen. I can still hear them though. When this happens I have done a Rogers Speed Test and it shows high Downloads (in the 100s of Mbps) but the Upload don't report anything. After several minutes the Upload returns back to normal (anywhere from 20 - 30 Mbps). It doesn't matter whether I am on a wired or wireless connection. The same issue happens with both. I've also experienced this on multiple computers so it is not specific to one computer.
Checking my modem settings based on your advice in the post, I think shows me that the Upstream values in my modem are good ( 4 channels all above 40 dBmV, see below). The modem is also fairly new (a CODA-4582U), got it in May and it has worked very well. We have had no issues until these past couple weeks.
I'm suspecting the issue is not with my modem but something on the Rogers side of the connection. Can you offer advice on what my course of action should be? My first thought is to contact Rogers Support for assistance.
Upstream Channel Bonding Value
Lock Status Locked
Frequency 36 MHz
Symbol Rate 5120
Power Level 38.3 dBmV
Channel Type ATDMA
The cause of my slow upload speed seems more obvious. There is only one upstream node/port/channel. No channel bonding is possible. Others have three or four upstream channels. The speed has continued to drop to the point where at most times of the day it is as low as 1 Mbps rising to a maximum of 7 Mbps. Download is fine and there are times when Speedtest reports upload in the teens and maxing out around 20 Mbps - very rarely. When this service was first installed the upload was consistently in the low 20s and over months has dropped to sometimes unusable speeds. The deficiency has been confirmed during multiple service calls with the explanation that the service cannot improve until infrastructure improvements are made. Yet when speaking to support at Rogers HQ they say there is no problem and the monitoring of the area in which I reside shows acceptable utilisation. This is on Gigabit Unlimited with advertised upload speed "up to 30 Mbps". It seems there is a disconnect between actual and what HQ sees. And it continues to deteriorate. The problem is the denial at the engineering level will delay fixing the issue. The local technicians are well-aware of the problem, but must be being ignored. And it is only going to get worse as more subscribers are added.
Welcome to our Community!
If the techs that have come to troubleshoot and investigate your concerns have indicated there is an infrastructure issue in the area, we can look into it further and see what can be done to prompt some action for you.
I don't know where you are located or if the technical issues are the same as in this neighbourhood, but I suspect you may receive a similar response and conclusion. After months of contacting Rogers support and receiving denials of any problems with the infrastructure (right up to the representative in the office of the president), came a confirmation that there is congestion causing the unacceptable upstream speed. This congestion was specifically refuted and covered up by Rogers from my earliest complaint until involvement from @CommunityHelps who confirmed the deficiency. That's a good start now that we know the neighbourhood has been targeted and prioritised for segmentation, but there is no final schedule for completion. There is a lot involved in such a project. While it helps to know that the problem is identified, the service will continue to deteriorate with every new subscriber added to an already stressed system. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
Thanks @ScottAD for the additional information. Sorry this has been a stressful situation for you. For what it's worth, when I called Rogers Support today they confirmed there is an issue with the signal quality that is coming into my house. They are going to troubleshoot and try to resolve the issue. So at least no denials and I'm hopeful they will be able to fix it. I've also started a Private Message thread with @CommunityHelps and I'm keeping them updated on what the status is. I'll also update this thread with how this plays out here.
It has been a long wait, but, Rogers finally upgraded infrastructure in my area and has doubled the upstream channels from one to two and they bond nicely to give the advertised upload of 30 Mbps. I realise this will not solve the upload issue for all. It helps to see that Rogers is working to improve services and this fix may or may not be a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. I am finally getting the specs that were advertised when I signed up.
North Pickering - Uxbridge, ON area.
Now we have 2 upload channels and 30 Mbps upload according to speedtest.net. Hitherto, we had a single upload channel.