Degradation in Upload Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Degradation in Upload Speeds

Upload on Gigabit Horrible

Used to get my actual speed of 30  But now barley getting 3-5

WTH is going on.

Rebooted my modem and everything .

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Degradation in Upload Speeds

Well this morning everything was good Gigabit speeds as advertised.

Once Noon hit, My stream went to . . now getting 2-4Mbps UPLOAD. 

It seems with everyone being home it has killed the rogers network and has made it so I can't stream.

When I am supposed to get the advertised speed on 30Mbps and I can't .

Looks like rogers is getting a call from me.

Highlighted

Hello, @space2001.

Thank you for posting your upload speed concern and the update. We can run a few tests and check your line condition to determine the root cause of the slow upload speed. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am literally having the exact same issue with the 500U plan.  I can expect a slight drop due to the fact more people are at home, but at 10-20% of what is already a mediocre upload speed is unacceptable.  Downloads still between 300-600Mbps, but upload cannot get past 3Mbps at any time of the day.  Its making uploading files for school extremely irritating without destroying the connection in my home for everyone else. 

Edit:  I now have confirmation my neighbor is having the same problem.  Definitely an issue on Rogers' end.

Highlighted

Hello, @xo1.

Thank you for joining this discussion and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

The upload speed dropping to 3 Mbps can be quite disruptive; I'm happy to look into it for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Upload Speeds and Connection Quality

For the last 3 weeks the upload speed on my street and in my neighborhood has been near unusable.  I have contacted support and they continue to delay the ticket and tell me that there has been a problem solving my issue.  Great. I understand that this is an unprecedented time due to COVID-19, but I am an email away from crippling the internet in my home for everyone else.  Any sort of upload task immediately kills the connection quality for anyone else in my home trying to request a web page, play a game, or upload another file.  I can understand the download speeds being hurt, which they have (500 down to 200Mbps) but my upload going from 20Mbps to 1Mbps (if I am lucky) is honestly offensive.  It is crippling my family's ability to work from home.  After this crisis is over, I am genuinely going to reconsider switching to Bell, as it is quite clear Rogers' infrastructure was not built to even moderately handle what it should.  Is anyone else still having issues with latency, packet loss, or poor upload speeds?  If so have you fixed it yet, and how was it fixed?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've seen the same.  Started a ticket a week or so ago, that was eventually closed saying they didn't see an issue.  I called in next and a good chat with a tech who basically said the network is extremely stressed.  I have a 500/20 account which was always stable, that does about 300-400/5-10 now during the day starting around 7-8 in the morning till midnight.  After that it jumps back up.  It's mainly the uploads that are killed.  I'm fortunate not much work is needed to be done at home.  I'm sure they are doing their best, as we all are and I'm not sure any internet infrastructure could be ready for what we're facing.  Watch all the remote interviews the media is doing and you'll see lots of frozen screens, lags and dropped connections.  It's not just Rogers.

Highlighted

Hey @xo1!

Sorry to hear you're seeing such poor upstream performance! Congestion in an area can definitely be negatively impacting to the intended service experience. If a ticket has been escalated for you for slow upload speed then our network team would notice if there is congestion and your area would be slated for segmentation. If that's the case then your ticket would be closed and that's normal. We're always working to expand and improve our network and we hope to see upstream performance improve for you soon!

If you have any questions or would like us to check on your network, feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps. For more info on our PM system you can check out our blog.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HUGE Upload Speed Decrease for my internet (Markham)

Hi team,

I am using Ignite Internet 300-Unlimited package, it was being good and two weeks ago the upload speed started to decrease ALOT. 

I supposed to have 20 mbps upload speed and it was kept being at 5-10  mbps for weeks now. It made my games unplayable and also impact my work. 

I called customer support on phone and also arranged technician visit, however, they informed me they have done everything on their parts (customer support tried to fix it online, saying it was signal issue / technician did everything he could when he arrived & replaced wires and changed hardware) and the issue STILL exist.

I strongly doubt this is a Street/Node/Area issue, please fix this asap. I am living in Markham area. 

It is getting frustrating since I am not able to go out of my place and stuck at home with this slow internet.

PLEASE help

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GMX :

1.  running ethernet or wifi where you see the slow upload data rates?

2.  What modem do you have?  The black vertical Hitron modem (CGN3xxxx) where the modem model is on the back of the modem, the white Hitron CODA-4582, or the newer grey/black XB6 which is used for the Ignite TV service (IPTV).  The XB6 modem model is found on the bottom of the modem which will indicate an Arris TG-3482ER or a Technicolor CGM-4140 modem.