Upstream Channel Bonding Value
Index 1
Lock Status Locked
Frequency 36 MHz
Symbol Rate 5120
Power Level 38.3 dBmV
Modulation QAM
Channel Type ATDMA

The cause of my slow upload speed seems more obvious. There is only one upstream node/port/channel. No channel bonding is possible. Others have three or four upstream channels. The speed has continued to drop to the point where at most times of the day it is as low as 1 Mbps rising to a maximum of 7 Mbps. Download is fine and there are times when Speedtest reports upload in the teens and maxing out around 20 Mbps - very rarely. When this service was first installed the upload was consistently in the low 20s and over months has dropped to sometimes unusable speeds. The deficiency has been confirmed during multiple service calls with the explanation that the service cannot improve until infrastructure improvements are made. Yet when speaking to support at Rogers HQ they say there is no problem and the monitoring of the area in which I reside shows acceptable utilisation. This is on Gigabit Unlimited with advertised upload speed "up to 30 Mbps".  It seems there is a disconnect between actual and what HQ sees. And it continues to deteriorate. The problem is the denial at the engineering level will delay fixing the issue. The local technicians are well-aware of the problem, but must be being ignored. And it is only going to get worse as more subscribers are added.

Re: Degradation in Upload Speeds

Greetings @ScottAD!

Welcome to our Community!

If the techs that have come to troubleshoot and investigate your concerns have indicated there is an infrastructure issue in the area, we can look into it further and see what can be done to prompt some action for you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

mgregotski
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @RogersCorey - I will start a call with Rogers Support to report the issues that I am having with the dropping Uploads. I'll also PM @CommunityHelps for additional assistance too. 

Mike

Mike,

I don't know where you are located or if the technical issues are the same as in this neighbourhood, but I suspect you may receive a similar response and conclusion. After months of contacting Rogers support and receiving denials of any problems with the infrastructure (right up to the representative in the office of the president), came a confirmation that there is congestion causing the unacceptable upstream speed. This congestion was specifically refuted and covered up by Rogers from my earliest complaint until involvement from @CommunityHelps who confirmed the deficiency. That's a good start now that we know the neighbourhood has been targeted and prioritised for segmentation, but there is no final schedule for completion. There is a lot involved in such a project. While it helps to know that the problem is identified, the service will continue to deteriorate with every new subscriber added to an already stressed system. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

mgregotski
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @ScottAD for the additional information. Sorry this has been a stressful situation for you. For what it's worth, when I called  Rogers Support today they confirmed there is an issue with the signal quality that is coming into my house. They are going to troubleshoot and try to resolve the issue. So at least no denials and I'm hopeful they will be able to fix it. I've also started a Private Message thread with @CommunityHelps and I'm keeping them updated on what the status is. I'll also update this thread with how this plays out here.

Mike

It has been a long wait, but, Rogers finally upgraded infrastructure in my area and has doubled the upstream channels from one to two and they bond nicely to give the advertised upload of 30 Mbps. I realise this will not solve the upload issue for all. It helps to see that Rogers is working to improve services and this fix may or may not be a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.  I am finally getting the specs that were advertised when I signed up.

What area are u in ? How many uploads channels do you have now ? Wasn’t upload 3.1 supposed to be released already

North Pickering - Uxbridge, ON area.

Now we have 2 upload channels and 30 Mbps upload  according to speedtest.net. Hitherto, we had a single upload channel.

kamrul51
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm hitting exactly the same issue. Download speed shows 30~55 Mbps where upload speed hits barely 2 Mbps. In some tests, it shows less than 1 Mbps. I had the same issue last week and then rebooted the router that ran me 3/4 days and hitting again the same issue. 

Hey @@kamrul51!

Welcome to the community!

I can imagine seeing much lower than expected upload speeds would come as a shock to say the least! We'd be happy to assist in getting to the bottom of this for you. Would you be able to follow the recommendations for troubleshooting slow speed on our Knowledge Base here?

Feel free to post your results here as well (ensuring no personal information is visible including IP/MAC addresses).

Looking forward to identifying and resolving this slow upload speed issue with you. Keep us posted!

@RogersAndy

kamrul51
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. I have reviewed the DocsisWAN data of my router and compared it with that knowledgebase. Also, I got a download speed of 93 Mbps and upload 16 Mbps in the speed test.  Please let me know if this gives any indication of my issue.Page1.PNGPage2.PNG

Thanks so much @kamrul51.

That 93 down leads me to believe the connected device might not have a gigabit network card. Are you able to confirm for us what device is connected and what package you have?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Something must be going on getting timeouts , ping to google 500 ms , slow speeds

Koma
I Plan to Stick Around

Having upload speed problems since last week. Was on the gaming and streaming lab forum but the people there are useless. Had a tech come over to my house the other day and he left without even telling me what the issue was. Rogers has been no help to me and I cant do anything about it because they are the only service available in my area. If anyone here on the forum could help me it would be greatly appreciated.  I stream to twitch at 1080p 60fps at 6000 bitrate. I keep having intermittent issues and dropping 25% of my stream. The problem has been happening for the last 2 years now and is starting to drive me insane because I haven't had a permanent fix yet. Also this issue happens on both wired and wireless connection.

kamrul51
I've Been Here Awhile
Hi Andy
The laptop I had used had the gigabyte interface as well as my Ethernet cable. What I have noticed is that if I factory wipe and reconfigure the Rogers router then problem gets fixed (as per my last experience) but issue repeats after one or two months. I am kind of fade up with Rogers. If I had alternate options like Bell I could switch by now. Unfortunately, Bell does not have service in my area.

bestjsg1
I Plan to Stick Around

I am brand new to Rogers Ignite internet only (150/15 XB6 technicolor modem), 2 days in 🙂  . But I have been with a TPIA for past 9 years and it has been rock solid until last Sept I switched my profile from 30/5 to 75/10 along with new docsis 3.1 and later a docsis 3.0 modems, I was having all kinds of random disconnections that required power cycling both modem and my router. Had many tickets in  the last 5 months, 2 tech visits , both said they checked the lines outside and found no problem whatsoever.  At one point, my upstream signal was too low and was given a 6db attenuator but that still didn't fix it either.

Then right before my install with Rogers direct, for about 2 weeks, I was getting 1-2 Mbps upload speeds as well and sometimes speed test shows 0 and just did one showing 0.8Mbps.  It goes back up at around 2 AM to the 10Mbps and now the 15Mbps.  

One other interesting thing is that the tech who came and gave me modem for $29, (fee for self-install...should they be paying me the labor..? ),    is the same guy who came and claimed everything is fine back in Nov.... 🙂

SeriousDryWall
I've Been Here Awhile

having this issue to this day. Been like this since LAST MARCH. 10. Months. Straight cancer

SeriousDryWall
I've Been Here Awhile

join the club lol. I'm at a wits end

Hi!

I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum that could possibly help me with this, as tech support seems to give me contradicting answers everytime I speak with them.

For the past 2 weeks now, my internet has been getting HORRIBLE upload speeds between 7:00pm and 10:30pm local time (ET).

I have the Ignite internet gigabit (1000down/30up). When I run speed tests all day long, I will average 200 to 1000 download, and 27-32 upload. Then 7:00 hits... It suddenly becomes below 50 download, and BELOW 1MBPS upload! Which pretty much makes working from home useless as I need a solid 10Mpbs upload to keep my feeds going.

Is there something that could be done on my end to verify where this problem could come from?

I am not the most IT/tech savvy person out there, but I know how to follow directions quite well, and do have basic knowledge. I really need to fix this asap to maintain a reasonable income.

Thank you

EDIT: I forgot to say, I have the Technicolor XB6 modem, and it is running in gateway, not bridged.

This is happening to me too! Live in London, ON. What's up Rogers?

PerformLAB1
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a suspicion that it might actually be considered acceptable by the Rogers standards. I thought the 30mbps was low when I signed up, but I never would have thought that it would end up being KBPS instead.