Daily Multiple Dropped Connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Daily Multiple Dropped Connection

The will just tell you change your box and will not change. They add line to areas and not boost the signal or someone taped into your signal at the street box.
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay so I am not tech savvy at all I know nothing about how this stuff works but after 3 modems 4 technicians several calls to Rogers for over the phone troubleshooting a brand new line running from the box outside to the house and even a new PlayStation and TV because we thought there might be something wrong with the thing inside them I can tell you what fixed our problem.

Our house is 40 years old and we have a new up-to-date line running from the box to the house the problem was the line in the house from the electrical panel. Turns out that the connection was missing some little rubber piece inside of it and because the house is older it doesn't have up-to-date wiring inside. The technician did something and after that it's been working fine.
Apparently most technicians don't think to check what's going on inside the electrical panel. Even though previous technician said they did a diagnostic on the lines and everything was great, clearly the diagnostic process doesn't work if you're not physically checking the wires inside the house. I'm not sure how common my problem is but it's definitely worth taking a look at if you're having issues. Good luck😊
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ChristineS wrote:
...Even though previous technician said they did a diagnostic on the lines and everything was great, clearly the diagnostic process doesn't work if you're not physically checking the wires inside the house. 

Thank you for the reminder. It's certainly necessary to check the signal in your neighbourhood, to your home and inside your home. I suspect that what happened here is that the problem was intermittent and that the signal was fine whenever it was checked, but a change in temperature (causing contraction when it gets cooler), or movement of a cable, or other minor disturbance caused the poor connection that was finally resolved by a dedicated technician. These intermittent issues are the most difficult to track down.   I know from personal experience in my neighbourhood main line.

Of course the first thing many technicians do is swap out the equipment, which is really stupid because the equipment is rarely at fault. It's almost always signal related.  I recently read that someone swapped out a modem a half dozen times. This is the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result)  Thanks again for your post.