Daily Multiple Dropped Connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Daily Multiple Dropped Connection

It is good to hear that you are having success with your DPC3825 Pool_Guy. On the other hand, enough people are complaining here on a daily and weekly basis as well as on the Rogers Facebook page that your explanation that "things aren't always going to work every time" is just not cutting it. The bottom line is that the D3 modems now supplied by Rogers are pure, unadulterated garbage! The complaints have been going on ever since Rogers brought these modems in and nothing has changed. Rogers continues to attempt the same failed solutions week in and week out but people continue to experience the same poor wireless range and dropped connections. The only other constant is Rogers steadfast refusal to provide a decent D3 modem!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here we go again. I don't even know if there is a point to post this here, since this issue seems to always come back. 

Every 30 minutes the connection drops, which requires a restart of the modem. I know it isn't the modem cause I have replaced the thing at least 5 times this year alone, and the issue never goes away. Not to mention that it happens with another connection (completely separate from mine) at the exact same times. 

I would like SOMEONE FROM ROGERS (THAT WORKS WITH ROGERS) to reply to this. If they even monitor it. Bell Fibre is looking so much better then this junk. Sick of replacing modems, and getting techs to come up to look at an issue they don't know how to fix, but fail to acknowledge and always tell me it is "Unique" to my house. Except I see it all over the forums relating to Rogers. 

Here is a clue for you Rogers. Stop throttling data and stop being so cheap. This issue happens because you overload your nodes CONSTANTLY. But I guess it makes you more money then a handful of people who experience the issue. Typical "Big Business" cutting corners to squeeze every penny out of their "PAYING" customers. 

Disgruntled and annoyed customer who has been with Rogers for the last 4 years, hoping things would get better. Annoyed with the shotty service. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your not going to get an answer her unfortunately Smiley Sad  The reps, the ones who DO monitor this, and could answer, even if they did.. dont have the info that you would need.. they are not tech support people.

Sadly.. the tech support people are not much better Smiley Sad  Most of the time, the whole 'swap the modem/box' stuff...  I have been trying to push some ideas to them via the ideabox.. about ways to BETTER handle their CS/TECH stuff.. in reporting these things.. unless its an 'offical' issue/solution, its not something they read out.  They need a 'recent trending calls' sort of thing.. even if they are not an 'offical' thing yet.. can see others having the same issue, etc... maybe then they will REALIZE that there are some other issues happening.

Not knowing what your setup is.. by default.. guessing you are just using the gateway only?
Are you able to log in and look at the logs, is there anything in there, at the times of these connection drops?

Are you using the wireless on the gateway?

The overloading of the nodes, leading to congestion... will slow people down, etc on their connections.
But they are no longer THROTTLING anything anymore (traffic shaping).  The only data they have ever throttled in the past, was torrent packets.. and that has been removed.  I was getting almost 9mbps combined between torrents last night, so definately not throttled (vs maybe 500kbps when they were).

I've Been Here Awhile

During web browsing and online gaming the connection repeatedly drops. I've heard this is a known issue, and wondering if there is a fix for this. I'm using WiFi, it stays connected to the computer but you can easily tell that is has dropped connection due to the very long page loading times and when you're constantly disconnection from online games. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy 

I'm using the CGN3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When did you get the CNG3?
Is it updated to the latest firmware? (should be on the first page when you log into it).

I've Been Here Awhile

4.2.4.3 is the version and ive had it for a few months now, been happening basically since i got it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

All of the wifi modems from Rogers have the same issues to various degrees - either dropped connections, range issues or a combination of both. One solution is bridge mode where you disable the built-in router and use your own router. This helps with both dropped connections and gives you better range. Our modem is in the basement at one end of the house. We have no problems anywhere in the house using our own router. Our bedroom, on the third floor (opposite end) has no issues with either using our ipad, a computer, or Chromecast on our TV. Rogers even has the instructions for bridging the modems on their Website. This to me indicates that Rogers is well aware of the issues with these modems and know that many customers would rather use their own router!

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?Ntt=bridge+mode&_nfpb=true&N=&_pageLabel=support_results

I've Been Here Awhile

So you're basically saying i have to go buy a router in order to enjoy a stable wireless connection :/ 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, and many others would agree. The simple truth of the matter is that the router portion on the wifi modems is just not very good. Like many others, I would love to see Rogers offer us a good stand alone modem and I do know that there is a 24 channel one available from Hitron. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be in the cards!

I've Been Here Awhile

The CGN-2 worked perfect, this is the only one making me lose connection every few mins