Constantly Disconnecting, support told me no fix.... Help?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Constantly Disconnecting, support told me no fix.... Help?

To start i am not saying this to fight FOR rogers, nor do i agree with it, etc.. just stating facts.

Unfortunately, lovely Terms of Service/Use documents, usualy get most companies out of these sorts of things.  Not saying you cant fight for it or try.. but essentialy when we accept to use the service, we are agreeing to the Terms of Service documents.

http://your.rogers.com/about/legaldisclaimer/TOS_Eng.pdf

neither Rogers nor Yahoo! guarantees or warrants the performance, availability, coverage, uninterrupted use, security, pricing or operation of the Services, the Equipment or any products, content, applications, services, facilities, connections or networks used or provided by us or third parties (collectively, the “Offering”);

Pretty much.. says that they DONT guarantee that the service will be up 100% of the time Smiley Sad  If you read many companies ToS/ToU for software as well as services, they will often have this stuff in there Smiley Sad

Comparatively, say like the rogers business service.. ontop of the ToS, you end up having an SLA (service level agreement) with them, which you end up usualy having something like a 4 hour response window, etc.  But, you also pay 3x a much money for the service.

Again, i am not saying its RIGHT that these companies can do this... just saying, its hard to try and get anything done.. as the its in the legal document which we agreed to (and if we didnt agree to it, we should not be using the service). Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

I am having the same issues with DCing every 15 minutes to 45 minutes...

I am a gamer and so are my kids and this is becoming so frustrating

Rogers has sent a tech and he changed several adapters to the cable and changed the cable wire from the box to my house

Now it seems to be getting worse.

I have 3 computers hooked up directly to the router and did not have this DC issue until a couple of weeks ago and now it is getting worse.

I am so angry now

I phoned Rogers last night and they said they could not find  anything wrong and there was not much else they could do.

Tired of unplugging router and plugging back in every hour

what kind of service is this??

Does anyone have any answers

I'm Here A Lot

Same issue here.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Best thing to try, if you are using just the gateway and are having problems is to try doing bridged mode, often eliminates a lot of the problems like the disconnects.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same problem here (Northern NewBrunswick) started yesterday around 6.

The internet cuts out every XX:18.   (6:18, 7:18. 8:18 up till just 10 mins ago 9:18am)

Using HitronTech fisherprice looking 9ft wireless range router

I Plan to Stick Around

Just disconnected again 10:18

Fun fun fun

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok last post for me =) 

Disc again 11:18

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is an ongoing issue for me as well. Happens all the time with Rogers.  

I have two connections in one house and they drop at the same time as well. It is a Rogers issue, but it is one they won't admit too because it would bother a lot of people. 

Basically they are cutting corners to save money on bandwith. Problem is, people start getting dropped because of overloaded nodes. Too save money they will combine nodes, and ignore the issue that is created. People getting dropped every time the modem goes to refresh their IP, because the node currently has no IP's available, you get placed into a new node (Which is the D/C). 

Rogers just sucks. 

**edited for content**

I Plan to Stick Around

AH I see, and that would make sense. Cut off any un attended downloads going on would be a tactic I would not put pass them

I will give them a call just to see what spin they will try to put on this. 

I Plan to Stick Around

well I called, 

I was told to call back, our systems are not working at this time.

So I guess their not able to ensure uptime for their support either.

Few more months and contract is over...

Topic Stats