Connecting wireless router to CIsco DPC3825

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Connecting wireless router to CIsco DPC3825

Can i use WIFI extender?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have Cisco DPC3825 On the same modem i have voip and IP Tv it will disable other port which is useless for me.  I was thinking to go with WIFI extender... What do you think?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have resolved the issue without bridging the modem.  I had tested my switch and router both operation as usual.  I used power line network extender and disabled the DHCP Server on my router.  It is working great sofar.  Now i dont have any wifi issues to my Ground floor and second floor.

Thanks for your help guys.

I Plan to Stick Around

it is on and off but when my phone is on idle it stop working

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kumanan1,

Can you please provide more details as to what issue you are experiencing now? I didn't quite understand your last post. You mentioned earlier that everything is working fine. 

Community, please feel free to chime in Smiley Happy

RogersHassam  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersHassan

I am recently moved to Rogers with other provider. I am happy with the Internet service but wifi signal is very poor. I have Dlink Router and TPLINK switch. I use the router because I need a good signal everywhere in the house. The switch works fine but I can't get the router to work. The previous provider I had no issues at all. I was thinking to move to Hilton modem or putting WIFI extender. What would you suggest?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your modem is in the basement at the present time.  Does it need to be down there, as in do you use it for wifi or wired connections in the basement?  If you have cable outlets at other places in the home, the modem can be moved to any one of those locations.  Is your home fairly new, or is in an older home?  I'm just wondering about the possibility of structured wiring within the home, which would make it possible to put the modem anywhere close to a cable, telephone or ethenet outlet as any of those outlets would also have other cabling available for use, hidden behind the wallplate.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a telephone line and my PC in the basement because I prefer that way. I have seen other users also telling that same model that I use have WIFI signal issues. Anyone using Hilton modem at the modem.
I Plan to Stick Around

I use VOIP so all the phone line drops are comming from basement. I am myself is a IT guy.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I run a CGN3ACSMR at the moment in bridge mode with an Asus RT-AC68U router running which provides 802.11N and AC coverage for the main floor and upstairs.  The modem in on the main floor fed via RG-6 cable from the basement, connected to the nearby router.  The router then uses the house structured wiring which contains an ethernet cable to connect to a gigabit switch in the basement.  That switch then connects to all of the ethernet ports in all of the upstairs rooms.

All Hitron modems have latency issues, however there is a firmware update now out for the CGN3ACSMR which corrects this issue.

Ok, if you are an IT guy, do you know if you have structured wiring in the home?  Thats a wire bundle that contains two RG-6 cables for cable or satellite, one Cat 5e or Cat 6 for data and one Cat 3 or other Cat 5e for telephones.  If that is in the home, there would be one bundle for every room upstairs, starting at the structured wiring cabinet in the basement and running to each room upstairs.