Connecting wireless router to CIsco DPC3825

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Connecting wireless router to CIsco DPC3825

thanks again, 

I will call them and see how it goes.

I've Been Around

Hello,

I have the Cisco DPC3825 Rogers modem/router, provided by Rogers obviously. Since the range and stability of this modem/router are laughable, I want my Asus RT-AC87U to handle all connections and traffic. What is the best settings lineup that I can configure on the Cisco modem, to make this happen with maximum stability? I am well aware of how to access the settings using the modem's IP address, and have been experimenting with settings and different configurations on the modem, I just haven't been able to find a good setup to allow my Asus router to handle everything.

Any suggestions?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hey @Datalink & @Gdkitty 

Can you help @Glergsen with their question?

Thanks!

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup.  Its pretty simple.
Bridge mode.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/home-networking/245

Those are the instructions on how to set it up.

It effectively, is turning your 3825, into a MODEM ONLY.. it does no routing at all.. and passes its info along to the ASUS, who does ALL the routing.

Only things i would add.. is step 7 should be pluging your ASUS into the 3825.  As well, i would do a factory reset on the ASUS first.. always best to start with a clean detection, etc.

I've Been Around

Sorry new to the forum..love your posts. One quick question. I put 3825 into bridge mode and now I can login to box. If I have a problem with box what would I have to do?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Don't be sorry at all.  Welcome to the forum.  I'm assuming you mean, what do you do if you have a problem with the 3825 when its in Bridge mode?  You can reset back to factory defaults and gateway mode by pressing the recessed reset button at the rear of the modem for 30 seconds and then releasing it.  That will initiate a reload back to factory default values and a reboot back to Gateway mode.  Those default values include the modem password and the wifi SSID and network passphrase, among other settings.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let us know.

I've Been Around

I have DLinkrouter and TP Link Switch  how can i connect with Rogers cable modem because i dont have strong signal on my second floor since modem is in the basement. I was thinking to get wifi extender and also upgrading the modem to Hiltron.

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What modem do you currently have?

And which Dlink router do you have?

Depending on the answers.. chaging to the hitron may not make a hude difference..
as well, may change on how/what your best setup scenario might be.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have Dir655 and TP link Gigabit switch

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

But which rogers modem do you have?

It will make a difference on the INSTRUCTIONS for the next part 🙂

But really its putting the modem into BRIDGE mode.. and attaching your dlink.