cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Discord gives error

cncp
I plan to stick around

Trying to connect to discord and it gives an error message of ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. It says it's not secure and both Brave and Chrome browsers say 'the connection is not private'.
It is saying that the website is sendin back invalid credentials. When I click on Not Secure in the address bar, a certificate pops up that says the issuer is cnrbacc@rci.rogers.com.
Can anyone help me figure out what this is and how to fix it? Discord is uninstalled and can't even get to the site to reinstall it.
What do I do? Is this a Rogers issue or a Discord issue? No idea here and son wants to chat with his friends. Thanks

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Connecting to Discord gives error

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cncp wrote:
Trying to connect to discord and it gives an error message of ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. It says it's not secure and both Brave and Chrome browsers say 'the connection is not private'.
It is saying that the website is sendin back invalid credentials. When I click on Not Secure in the address bar, a certificate pops up that says the issuer is cnrbacc@rci.rogers.com.
Can anyone help me figure out what this is and how to fix it? Discord is uninstalled and can't even get to the site to reinstall it.
What do I do? Is this a Rogers issue or a Discord issue? No idea here and son wants to chat with his friends. Thanks

I don't see that.  When I connect, Discord is secured with an SSL cert issued by Cloudflare.  Do you have some Rogers security service enabled that is intercepting and inspecting encrypted traffic by basically doing a "man in the middle" attack?

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation