cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting 'rogers.com' email to Outlook on Windows 10

themysteryone
I plan to stick around

Hi Everyone,

My friend has connected his rogers.com email address using Outlook on Windows 10.  Email flows perfectly fine, using IMAP.  Both the Inbox receives emails, and when we checked on the rogers.yahoo.com website, emails were all there, sent items, etc...all good.

The issue is synchronizing the calendar he has on rogers.yahoo.com with his PC.  Again, he is using Outlook on Windows 10.  His rogers.com email works and is in constant synch using IMAP.  But how can we get the calendar and contacts to synch as well?

*** Edited Labels ***

Is there some sort of Connector we need to download?

Your guidance and support is greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Connecting 'rogers.com' email to Outlook on Windows 10

RogersCorey

Hello @themysteryone!

Are you certain that your friend has used the right settings? You can find the necessary settings here: https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/set-up-a-yahoo-account-on-a-device-or-email-program#divSecti...

There are a number of reasons why a calendar might not sync. You can find help for calendar sync issues here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/resolve-sync-issues-in-mail-and-calendar-apps-in-windows-...

Regards,

RogersCorey

themysteryone
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersCorey  

Thank you for the response.  I have double and tripled check his settings, and even deleted and tried adding the account - but to no avail.  Very mind-boggling.  Thanks for your time.

I had the same issues and had to snyc. my calendars on my phone as well and got no help from Rogers.

My workaround:

I created an Outlook.com email and added that email account/calendar to my desktop Outlook. My Samsung S22 is a different story. Outlook doesn't work at all and Rogers couldn't resolve the issue so in that case, I used Samsung's email/calendar and setup my outlook.com there as well. 

So, for a year or 2, before last week, I had a very robust calendar setup with Rogers, Outlook.com and Gmail on both my laptop and phone. I was VERY happy with MY fix.

Last week, I had issues with my Rogers account syncing and as a last resort, I removed my Rogers email account from Outlook, in order to re-install and clear the cobwebs. BUT, it wouldnt install. I spent hours on the phone with Rogers but in the end, it wouldn't re-install. I had TOTAL confidence with my help guy, but in the end, I am without my Rogers account on Outlook and have to go to the web.

Sorry to rant, but again, I created a outlook.com account and added it to Outlook on my phone and laptop JUST for the Calendar. 

oh...my phone Outlook still holds my Outlook.com calendar

@FreddyBoy736 wrote: ...as a last resort, I removed my Rogers email account from Outlook, in order to re-install and clear the cobwebs. BUT, it wouldnt install. ..., I am without my Rogers account on Outlook and have to go to the web.

I'm not an expert on this, but when you deleted the Rogers e-mail account from Outlook, you also deleted the App Password, which is necessary to get access to your e-mails.  The App Password generator has been "down" since early March and we're not sure if or when it'll be fixed.  If you search this website for "App Password" you'll find several previous threads on the topic - sample below:  There are a number of people that have been affected by the "loss" of the App PW generator if they use Outlook, MacMail, Thunderbird e-mail clients on their PCs.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/504809#M73860

If you have a backup of Outlook from before your deletion perhaps you can reinstate that file?  .pst?  

See also the following summary:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-mail-not-connecting-to-Mac-Mail/m-p/515736#M76...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation