cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coda 4582 Wifi Connectivity Issues with Samsung 4K TV (UN65KS9000)

tester2013
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having a bit of an issue hopefully someone here can lend me a hand. I had Bell Fibe before and my 65"

Samsung UN65KS9000 worked very good with the wifi connected to the Bell 2000 Hub. I have tried numerous times today to connected through WiFi on the Coda 4582 and it doesn't connect at all. Changed my wireless 

password and it still fails. 

I still have my Bell Internet active (cancelled it last week) and it connects fine.

What could be the issue preventing it from connecting to the 4582?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Coda 4582 Wifi Connectivity Issues with Samsung 4K TV (UN65KS9000)

tester2013
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the help guys....searching on Google did the trick...

This is what needs to be done:

There are some Samsung Smart TV models where you will be required to enter a different sequence in order to be able to factory reset your TV. Therefore if you have one of these models, then all you need to do is enter the following keys;

• Press Mute key.
  • Number 1 key.
  • The number 8 key.
  • Press the number 2 key.
  • And the Power key.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tester2013 does the tv see the wifi network, as in, is the CODA-4582 wifi network visible in the tv's network list?  Would you happen to know the settings for the Bell Hub, specifically the Security Mode and Encryption type: such as WPA-2 and AES?  Was the Bell Hub set for TKP/AES by any chance.  

Is there a way to force a reset of the tv's wifi parameters so that it purges the previous settings?

tester2013
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it sees the Rogers wireless SSID. When I enter the password it says connecting and then fails..Bell used WPA2-PSK and I configured the same settings for the Rogers router to no avail.

@tester2013 can you determine what wifi Encryption type is used on the Bell Hub?  It should be one of TKIP, TKIP/AES or AES.  AES only should be used these days.  I'm just wondering if you were using TKIP or TKIP/AES with the Bell Hub?

Hybrid_Noodle
I Plan to Stick Around
@tester2013 what Wifi frequency are you using (5Ghz/2.5Ghz) and what frequency and settings does your TV support. It may be that the Wifi settings used do not work on the TV.

I had a similar issue with a 3rd party router and a few apple devices where it saw the SSID and attempted to connect (password etc) and failed for no reason. Turns out that those devices while they worked with the 5Ghz frequency it did not support an 80Mhz channel and would only work on the 20/40 Mhz channel setting.

14N
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this the first time you connect your tv to CODA? Are you trying to connect to 5Ghz?

What's is the firmware of the modem?

I had an issue with firmware .20 (no issue with previous firmware) and might be similar. When my modem was updated to .20, my phones and TVs cannot connect to 5Ghz AC, stuck to obtaining IP. No problem with 2.4Ghz. I reset the modem through its back (not its app) and checked if I can connect with the initial setup. All devices were able to connect to 5Ghz. Then I manually inputted the settings. This fixed the issue.  But it recurred when the DHCP lease time expired (1 week), I did the same procedure and fixed the issue so I set the lease time to forever hoping the issue won't recur.

borford
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

IMPORTANT, If your Bell wifi SSID and your Rogers wifi SSID are the same, please change your new wifi SSID. This will make it a brand new network and you will not have to try and make your TV forget the network changes. When ever you change or swap modems, it is advisable to change your SSID do to possible differences in the settings.

tester2013
I Plan to Stick Around

My SSID is much different than Bells...figured that when I was setting it up..

@tester2013 any luck with your TV so far?

tester2013
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,

No luck. Still going at it...tried duplicating Bells setting but not getting anywhere....it will connect to the Bells modem right away...my firmware is on .19

There isn't much to muck around with.  The list includes:

1.  Security Mode  (WPA-2) and Encryption Mode (AES only)

2.  Network name and passphrase:  any chance that the Samsung doesn't like certain characters or symbols in either one.  Possibly try a very simple network name and passphrase;

3.  Bandwidth as set in the modem:  The CODA-4582 supports 80 Mhz wide bandwidths.  If the tv didn't support that, say it only supported 20 Mhz wide bandwidths, that data should be exchanged on every broadcast and the modem should revert back to 20 Mhz for the tv.  You could try setting the modem for 20 Mhz, then 40 Mhz to see what will happen in terms of the tv connecting.  I'd reboot the modem after changing the setting, just to see if that makes any difference as well. 

4.  IPV6 ??  In theory IPV6 should be turned off in the modem at the present time, however, I've seen posts with IPV6 speedtests.  Bell does not use IPV6.  Try this:  with a pc or laptop, go to ipv6-test.com    That will show a total score of 4/20 if IPV6 is turned off in the modem.  If IPV6 is running, you will probably see a scrore of 16 or 17/20.  That depends on whether or not you have an IPV6 exemption added to the Windows operating system firewall.  You can also determine this by logging into the modem and looking at the WAN IP address in the upper right hand corner of the STATUS page data area.  If you only have IPV4 up and running you will see the traditional IPV4 IP address.  If you have IPV6 up and running as well, you will see both, the IPV4 address followed by the much longer IPV6 address.  If you have an IPV6 address, run the test at ipv6-test.com.   That will tell you if in fact the modem has full IPV6 network capability.  Its possible for the CMTS to assign an IPV6 address to the modem, but, you could still see a failure if there are issues beyond the CMTS.  If the TV firmware is designed to operate primarily on IPV6, it should try that route first, and then fall back to IPV4, assuming that the fallback was operating properly.  

Edit:  Do you happen to have a long enough ethernet cable to run to the tv?  I don't remember if it has an ethernet port or not.  If so, connecting via ethernet with a successful connection might rule out IPV6 issues, depending on whether or not IPV6 is running on that modem.  If you tried that and failed, and had IPV6 up and running, that would be the first issue that I would look at.  There is no way to turn off IPV6 on the modem, so, if this turns out to be the problem, you would have to buy a router that allowed you to disable IPV6.  I doubt this is the problem, but you have to consider every possibility.

tester2013
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the help guys....searching on Google did the trick...

This is what needs to be done:

There are some Samsung Smart TV models where you will be required to enter a different sequence in order to be able to factory reset your TV. Therefore if you have one of these models, then all you need to do is enter the following keys;

• Press Mute key.
  • Number 1 key.
  • The number 8 key.
  • Press the number 2 key.
  • And the Power key.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation