Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

@Brian-IBC When you reset the modem, you mean uplug and plug back in/reboot? or did you push and hold the reset button on the back to set everything to factory defaults? I would reset to factory defaults and setup as new.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Brian-IBC are you using a browser addon with the other pc/laptops like HTTPS Everywhere?  Something like that would explain the problems logging into the modem.  Same thing for NoSript or any other addon that might block out the modem address.

I've Been Here Awhile

gp-se - It was just a reboot (unplug/plug-in). I wasn't on the day before long enough to have a good look at the current configuration or save it and now I can't get in again. I will hold off doing a factory default reset.

datalink - I have no specific add-ons on Edge on my Windows 10 PC and I don't know about the Mac/Safari. But I was able to get on to the admin page sporadically.

I will try a few more things - IE, plug right into the DPC, unplug the rest of the network, reboot.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

After moderate to heavy usage/ some streaming the modem starts acting up. Will drop connection and then come back up. During the time it is acting up I can't get login page to modem to come up. Wifi still works and I can get to sites but then it tries to correct problem and I get disconnected. It will come back up but still can't get modem login screen to appear.  If I reboot everything is fine for awhile. Looking at Docsis log I can see critical errors occuring. It appears it is trying to reset levels but times out. Two techs have come in but problem remains . One tech replaced the modem and another replaced splitter.

He said levels are ok and couldn't find any problem.

I will probably quit Rogers due to this and also their recent announcement of the $5 per month increase in fee.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@turkk wrote:

After moderate to heavy usage/ some streaming the modem starts acting up. Will drop connection and then come back up. During the time it is acting up I can't get login page to modem to come up. Wifi still works and I can get to sites but then it tries to correct problem and I get disconnected. It will come back up but still can't get modem login screen to appear.  If I reboot everything is fine for awhile. Looking at Docsis log I can see critical errors occuring. It appears it is trying to reset levels but times out. Two techs have come in but problem remains . One tech replaced the modem and another replaced splitter.

I will probably quit Rogers due to this and also their recent announcement of the $5 per month increase in fee.

@turkk this happens with the CISCO Gateway? You could call tech support and ask if you can swap to the Hitron Modems. If they allow you to, then go to a Rogers store and swap the modem for a Hitron instead of the Cisco.

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

@turkk wrote:

@turkk this happens with the CISCO Gateway? You could call tech support and ask if you can swap to the Hitron Modems. If they allow you to, then go to a Rogers store and swap the modem for a Hitron instead of the Cisco.

Yes with the Cisco Gateway. Is this a common problem with cisco? Is Hitron any better?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Could just be a bad refurb unit.  Could try swapping for another cisco modem (unfortunately only refurb'd units are left).

Also, could be your upstream signal levels (because they changed your splitter).  Watch them on the modem's status page on a regular basis.  When you reboot, you'll have 3 channels, probably around 45 dBmV.  Once they start increasing is probably when you start noticing issues - after 51dBmV, you'll lose 1 channel, and be down to 2.  After 54 dBmV, you'll lose 2 channels, and be down to 1.  During this time, the modem is constantly trying to reconnect the lost channels.  After 57 dBmV, you'll lose all channels, and the modem reboots.

This behaviour could be related to any number of factors between your modem & the node, but sometimes it's bad cabling, and other times it's bad/too many filters/splitters.

I Plan to Stick Around

Things have been a bit better lately but sometimes things are great for 4 days or more.
The upstream levels have not gotten above 46,5
sofar but I am starting to get these critical warnings in my Docsis log
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@turkk  Interesting - track to see if it's related to weather (cold vs warm, wet vs dry) - which would indicate something along the cable from your house to the node.  Could even be the ground connector outside your house, or you may need new ends on the cable into your house.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is a condo building and techs said signal levels were good at the modem I will continue to monitor