Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

I would like to attach my DOCSIS WAN readings How do I attach?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Copy the Downstream and Upstream table and paste it into a post.  Copy the tables as you would if you were copying text from a document.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the tables.  Don't worry if it looks a little strange after pasting it into the post.  I'll sort it out if necessary 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Here are DOCSIS WAN levels

Power Level:Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1:-1.6 dBmV41.9 dB
Channel 2:-2.4 dBmV41.4 dB
Channel 3:-1.8 dBmV41.4 dB
Channel 4:-1.5 dBmV41.9 dB
Channel 5:-3.0 dBmV41.4 dB
Channel 6:-1.1 dBmV42.5 dB
Channel 7:-1.2 dBmV42.5 dB
Channel 8:-1.2 dBmV41.9 dB

Upstream Channels  

Power Level:
Channel 1:42.5 dBmV
Channel 2:43.7 dBmV
Channel 3:45.4 dBmV
Channel 4:0.0 dBmV
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Signals looks good.

@turkk

@turkk wrote:

Here are DOCSIS WAN levels

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: -1.6 dBmV 41.9 dB
Channel 2: -2.4 dBmV 41.4 dB
Channel 3: -1.8 dBmV 41.4 dB
Channel 4: -1.5 dBmV 41.9 dB
Channel 5: -3.0 dBmV 41.4 dB
Channel 6: -1.1 dBmV 42.5 dB
Channel 7: -1.2 dBmV 42.5 dB
Channel 8: -1.2 dBmV 41.9 dB

Upstream Channels    

Power Level:
Channel 1: 42.5 dBmV
Channel 2: 43.7 dBmV
Channel 3: 45.4 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes but at this point things are ok. When things are ok I can log in to the modem and see these readings but when it starts acting up I try to log in but the login page shows as being unavailable. Is the only way to fix this to bridge the modem and use a separate router? I didn't mention it but when things go bad I can't even log in with a direct

wired connection. Also the Rogers support people couldn't get in until the gateway was rebooted.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@turkk if the modem becomes unserviceable, call tech support and ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem.  If he or she can't communicate with the modem, then there is a cable and/or connector issue afoot. That requires a tech to determine and repair/replace.  A modem reboot will temporarily resolve cable/connector issues but it won't fix the underlying problem.  Its pretty simple .... no communication with the modem ...... send tech. 

I Plan to Stick Around

At the time that they can't connect I can still use the internet but it will drop out. When the techs come it isn't in this state

@Datalink wrote:

@turkk if the modem becomes unserviceable, call tech support and ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem.  If he or she can't communicate with the modem, then there is a cable and/or connector issue afoot. That requires a tech to determine and repair/replace.  A modem reboot will temporarily resolve cable/connector issues but it won't fix the underlying problem.  Its pretty simple .... no communication with the modem ...... send tech. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like an intermittent signal issue, which is one of the worst issues to deal with.  If it finally quit, it would be easy to find the problem and replace the offending cable or connector.  Until then all the tech can do is check the signal levels and replace various connectors to resolve any possible issue with the current ones.  Is your external cable an overhead cable from a utility pole, or underground to the house?

I Plan to Stick Around

This is a condo building and I believe all services come in underground
I Plan to Stick Around

Right now gateway seems locked up so i can't login to it even hardwired. Internet is still functional but getting iffy

If I call CSR what should I ask?