Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

I forgot to add that port 1 on the DPC3825 goes to the WAN port on my router.

I've Been Around

I too have just changed from the older SMC modem/router to the Cisco DPC3825. The first thing I noticed was that it was SLOW. It was mostly noticeable when I was trying to access the router's web interface. Every page would take about 30 seconds to load. Wireless and normal web browsing was also much slower than it had been with the SMC.

To put it simply, the default configuration on this router is garbage. The short of it is the SPI firewall has to be disabled. Once that is done, the router UI loads instantly and web surfing for both wired and wireless connections is fast.

My home network is pretty simple with the DPC3825 connected to a gigabit switch that then connects to a PS3 and my main desktop. A couple of wireless devices round it out. Range isn't an issue where I live, so I won't comment on that as I see no reason to switch to a dedicated router.

I'm a Regular

I would like to add my story to this page:

I had a setup with an 8-yr-old Motorola Surfboard connected to a Linksys wireless N router. That setup got slow (modem was getting old) so i went to my rogers store, traded the SB for a Cisco DPC3825. Then i went on vacation, so didnt get to play with it much. I came home, and my grandparents complained internet was slow and wifi was intermittent. I called my store, asked if they had an SMC in stock, nope. Called another store and they had an SMC... I hooked up the SMC, and it is way better than the DPC3825. Rogers needs to work out the kinks in the DPC3825 before discontinuing the SMC.

I'm a Regular

I would also like to add... I love the SMC.
I'm a Regular

OK. I would like to take back my previous statement "I love the SMC"

I have an update:

The SMC's WiFi has been slow, but connected. I have since bought a new Linksys router, and disabled wifi on the SMC, and am using the Linksys as a WiFi router, and as a home network. I did not put the SMC into bridge mode, as i would still like to hook up stuff via ethernet to the SMC, and access the GUI. Also, i couldn't be bothered to call rogers and wait half an hour on the phone for bridge mode anyway, so disabling WiFi is enough for me. As a modem, the SMC rocks! But as a WiFi router... not so much. I recommend getting the SMCD3GN, immediately turning off wifi, then connecting your own router.

Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

And therin lies my major point. Regardless of how good the modem is, if Rogers cannot provide a decent gateway where both the modem and the router work properly,  they should consider a good stand alone D3 modem and allow customers to provide their own router since so many customers have to do this anyway!

I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone please post how to access the DPC3825 through the web interface and putting it into bridge mode?

I Plan to Stick Around

192.168.0.1  user name= cusadmin 

password=password

f

Highlighted
I've Been Around

tried that doesnt work

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is the default that rogers sends out.

If it is not that, it is likely that someone else has changed it (after loging in with that, you can change the login name and password.)