Chromecast problem - CGN2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Chromecast problem - CGN2

To log into the modem, start your web browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.  That will take you to the log in page.  Use cusadmin for user name and password for the password entry.  That will log you into the modem.  If you are already using the modem, the you should have already changed the password for the modem, as well as the wifi network names and passphrases.  Personal opinion, logging into the modem to change any settings should always be done through a connected pc or laptop instead of a wifi connection.  Here is a link to a web page showing the login:

http://setuprouter.com/router/hitron-technologies/cgn2-rog/login.htm

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I can confirm that this one works. Just need to make sure you reboot your router after adding the DNS settings.

PS: I called rogers. The girl on the other end kept repeating "We recomment installing the BETA firmware found on rogers forums". Are you serious? how long has this problem been around? 3 months already? and such a simple fix. Plus we don't have time to fix YOUR modem which we rent for a problem which you caused. unbelievable.

These peoplea are so incompetent. The second time I called they just hang up on me as soon as my turn came after waiting 20 mins on the phone. SMH. Too bad I am stuck with this kind of service.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

did not work for me. i think im going to throw out something that works great with others, won't work with rogers

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

this does not work

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lordbigfart, can you confirm the modem model as seen on the product sticker at the back of the modem, CGN2, CGN3xxxx.  I very rarely see anyone using a CGN2 these days, so I just want to ensure the we're discussing the right modem. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

my modem is a cgn3 amr. i don't understand it. when i had to several times restet my modem, chomecast worked. then about a hour later, it stops. i had to reset because of the guides that i found in forums like this, and they all failed

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually it didn't work for me too. It worked for a while then it stopped again. I think it worked for a few hours because I restarted the modem.
Now I'm just using my Linksys WRT54G for Chromecast.

So when is the fix coming for this Rogers?!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@N4J1B@lordbigfart, for the CGN3ACSMR, Firmware Version 4.5.8.22 is being distributed this week.  That version resolves the Chromecast issue.  If you have a CGN3ACR or CGN3AMR, you should request the latest trial version which is the same V4.5.8.22.  At some point a decision may be make to load both of those modems with 4.5.8.22 across the network.  Those three modems are very similar, not exactly the same, but close enough.  To request the update to 4.5.8.22, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page: 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

tried your fix, didn't work, thanks for your help anyway

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Since I got the new modem from rogers for my ignite connection, I have been having amazon Alexa and chromecast not able to recognize.
Even Alexa not recognise wemo switch.
I tried everything on chromecast, from resetting to plug off n play and nothing worked.
Until I got another router and disable rogers modem wifi and use the new router as my wifi, and BAM!!!! , I got all my connection back. My chromecast appeared, my wemo switch and to be control by Alexa.
So the Roger's modem was the issue a, not allowing 2 way flow..