Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

When you log into a CGN3 series modem, the Status .... System Information page comes up first.  On that page the "Software Version" is the actual firmware version that is loaded.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Hi,

Does anyone know how to request the firmware rollback on the website here? who do i message?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Send a private message to @CommunityHelps.   If you follow this link @CommunityHelps you will end up on the public page.  On the right hand side is another link to "Send this user a private message"  Follow that link to the message composition page, fill in the title and text as required and hit send.  Its already addressed.  One of the moderators should get back to you via private message.  Watch your name icon at the upper right hand corner for an overlaid number, and then select the name to bring up the popup overlay with a further link to an mail icon.  Follow that link to the message inbox.

I'm Here A Lot

Interesting... ItsCalledSkydom's solution seems to be working for me as I never could get YouTube to detect my Chromecast before - even if I rebooted my modem.

Edit: Welp. Just died again. Apps can't find Chromecast again. This is seriously annoying.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just in case anyone is skimming through this and hasn't looked at my previous posts: rolling back the firmware to 4.5.8.16 is THE fix. Don't bother trying anything else. Cheers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I hate to disagree with that proclamation, but, I will.  4.5.8.16 also locks you out of IPV6 in Gateway mode.  It will also result in dead LAN ports occurring when the CGN3ACSMR is connected to a Casa Systems CMTS.  I don't know what the stats are, but by now, I would think that a good majority of CMTS's have been changed over from Cisco to Casa equipment, and the Casa numbers are growing on a daily basis.  4.5.8.21 will be distributed shortly to resolve the dead LAN port situation, but, 4.5.8.22 is available now for test purposes. 4.5.8.22 resolves the Chromecast issue.  

Anyone who previously received 4.5.8.21 as part of the test phase should be automatically included in the 4.5.8.22 test update.  If you have not received it, or want to take part in the test phase prior to general distribution of 4.5.8.22, take a read thru the first post on this page, and follow the instructions to send a request to @communityhelps for 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

See post #208 on the following page for info regarding 4.5.8.22:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

I'm Here A Lot

@Datalink wrote:

4.5.8.22 resolves the Chromecast issue.  

This is good to know!  I'm humming along any with 4.5.8.20 (contrary to what Zaphod99 says), but it'll be nice to get an update that is intended to fix the Chromecast problems.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

take a read thru the first post on this page, and follow the instructions to send a request to @communityhelps for 4.5.8.22.

I've Been Around

I say we all pick a date and time and call/contact Rogers and complain about chromecase all at once. I think that will be the only way they might even consider taking this issue seriously.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ase007, a trial firmware update is available to correct the problem with Chromecast devices.  Please read the post above yours and assuming that you have a CGN3ACSMR or CGNM-3552, as seen by the product sticker at the back of the modem, request Firmware Version 4.5.8.22 from @CommunityHelps.