Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

I will ask the question about the Client Isolation setting and see what turns up.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

I called tech support and of course was no help. I've just half remedied this problem by restarting my modem everytime I want to connect to an application. Super annoying but at least usable, please if anyone discovers solutions to this new issue please post! Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

That's what I've been doing as well, but it's only a temporary fix, as it keeps cutting the apps off every 2 hours or so. I tried bridging the thing and hooking up my own router and it's still causing similar problems. This means the issue is within the modem itself. If this doesn't get resolved soon, the only solution I can think of is to go with another provider.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have a CGN3ACSMR as seen by the product sticker at the back of the modem, ask for the trial firmware which will be V4.5.8.21, as seen in the first post in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

I've Been Around

Very true. I can only add that it is suspisious to say the least that Rogers does not allow using Chromecast on their routers. Is it because they are selling their Showmi service? Is seems to me that they are trying to restrict every service that they are competing with.

Charging premium support fee is radiculous. Didn't we buy into their service trusting that it is good and reliable one. Now, they are simply saying: "If you want support, you have to pay premium." I hear: "We don't care about you, this is how we make money."

I've Been Around

I recently had the same problem and did tons of digging online.  The below solution worked for me and I use the Hitron CGN3ACSMR modem:

1.Login to the modems control panel using your web browser. Type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and hit enter
2.Standard login details are: Username: cusadmin & Password: password. However, use your own login details if you have already customised them.
3.Click the ‘Basic’ menu option at the top of the page, within the main menu
4.Click the ‘DNS’ menu option within the secondary menu that appears
5.Change the ‘LAN DNS Obtain:’ option to manual
6.Enter DNS1: 208.67.222.222
7.Enter DNS2: 208.67.220.220
8.Save your changes

Good luck...not sure of the implications but it did work!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi,

I may have come across a possible workaround for the Chromecast problem. Can you have a look at the status of your 5 Ghz wifi network. If its enabled, can you disable it and then try the Chromecast. A user on the DSLreports forum reported that he had to disable the 5G network in order to get his Chromecast running. If this does work, or not, can you get back to me with the results. I'm hoping that this will point to a probable bug in the newer firmware, so your success or failure will help figure this out. It may be a pain to operate without the 5 Ghz network, but at least it points to something specific if it does work.

I'm Here A Lot

I disable 5Ghz wifi as you proposed then Chromecast works. 

Thanks 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like a new firmware bug 😞

I'm Here A Lot

hold on a second, chromecast just stopped working. After I disable 5Ghz, it works and I see couple clips on YouTube and after 15min it stops.