Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

I've Been Around

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Hello everyone. I just want some opinions on what you all think the best solution is. So far I've seen the option of going back to .16, getting the trial for .22 or buying a 3rd party router.

For those of you who went to .22, do you have any service interruptions with the trial? I ask because I signed up and got a message back with many disclaimers that I must agree to. I'd like to know if anybody has issues with the .22 or is it best to request going back to .16 until .22 is out of the beta stage.

Thanks so much!
I've Been Around

Where exactly did you contact them on here? I'm looking to have mine rolled back as well if this does correct the problem...this has been driving me nuts for weeks trying to fix it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Portystylz@halyn

Please see message #63 on the previous page, which will link you to other pages for more info.  After reading thru that info, the step by step instructions for contacting @CommunityHelps contained within message #63 will make sense.

@halyn, I don't have a Chromecast, but I've been running the trial version 4.5.8.22 on my CGNM-3552 since it was released, with no service dropouts.  Others have indicated that the issues with Chromecast devices are resolved with version 4.5.8.22.

I've Been Around

I can't connect chrome cast & my printer HL2270DW wi fi

Highlighted
I've Been Around

HOw do you roll back to version 16??? i was speaking with a rogers rep and she said you cannot do that??? she said even if someone was able to push back to 16....the new update would be pushed through...

Hello, @sb456

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The information provided by the tech support is true unless you are participating in the Firmware trial we are offering through this forums platform. Currently, we are offering .22 firmware version which has the fix to restore Chromecast functionality.

If you would like to participate in the firmware trial,

Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Chromecast problem - CGN3AMR

My router won't maintain a connection with my Chromecast device.  I installed the router today and my laptop was able to connect to the Chromecast device but within minutes of getting out of the internet my laptop couldn't find the Chromecast device.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@honeysway2, I'm assuming that you are referring to the modem, and not a third party router.  If this is correct , have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for the instruction on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22 which will resolve the Chromecast issue.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I'm referring to his Rogers mode/router unit and not a third party router.  Also, l've just received the trial firmware version 4.5.8.22 and am looking forward to seeing how well it works.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats